BBC SPONSOR

1996 and newer reeds,v6

DE2EF090-E0D7-4FDC-99E0-F071D63AD2E7.jpegThese reedsand Cages have a raised my standard of living. I would advise you to change them to a composite reed valve, and save your motor from the damage these ,Sorry,pic didn't load...If I figure it out...
    Last edited by ChrisCarsonMarine; 02-03-2020 at 01:42 PM.

2. Member
    How much damage did those little chips cause?

3. Member
    From the looks , hes prob rebuilding a motor cause of it , if not hes lucky

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    How much damage did those little chips cause?
    One piece was large enough to get caught in a port as the piston closed it,wiped a little aluminum at the ring lands and stuck the rings in that spot.Not a disaster,but that cylinder lost 20 lbs compression,and the motor lost around 500 rpm and shook at idle...poor performance across the board.After the re-man,including CCMS reeds and crankcase stuffers it will run better than ever.
    Anyone with a standard merc v6 built from 1996 on should get these steel reeds replaced with composite,It's cheep insurance against damage and improves running and economy at the same time.CCMS is our brand of performance products,reeds,stuffers,and lots of other products,check us out...great reeds backed with the best customer service and price,Chris
    PS,we now service injectors as well...And stock anything you need to get er done...

5. Member
    Were those 2 stage glass reeds? Or is the line the outline of where the reeds hit the reed stop?

6. BBC SPONSOR
    single stage metal reeds,the line 1/2 way up the reed is a reflexion from the edge of the stops,Chris

7. Member
    i actually emailed through the site a few questions but have not heard back,been a couple of days i will try to call

8. Member
    after talking to chris today i decided to try their reeds and stuffers,he was very helpful

9. Member
    report back with results
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

10. Member
    it will be a month or so by the time i get it done and injectors tested and cleaned to run it but i sure will

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper bird View Post
    after talking to chris today i decided to try their reeds and stuffers,he was very helpful
    U mite as well get his Intake spacer also , it helps quite a bit , I just did sum what of a test with spacer and it help hole shot and mid range quite a bit , but also run his reeds and stuffers to. All 3 is a great combo

12. Member
    yea not sure if i want to deal with the cowling not fitting,chris did tell me id have an issue with it not fitting back on correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc2.4 View Post
    U mite as well get his Intake spacer also , it helps quite a bit , I just did sum what of a test with spacer and it help hole shot and mid range quite a bit , but also run his reeds and stuffers to. All 3 is a great combo

13. Member
    It may interfere with breather box (if carb mota) but I dont run breather box anyway , more air in more air out = hp.

14. Member
    iv got an efi