Front Graph shutting off

I just put boat in water to test out some of the things I had my local guy add to it this year. Ultrex pull cable broke at the metal piece with the little allen screws....
    Then I noticed the front graph was shutting off every time I start the motor. I have new (purchased August 2019) G31 Duracell batteries that have been on the MinnKota smart charge all winter and were fully charged before I left. Do you think it is the battery or wiring? Of course I am going to load test the battery first. My boat is a 2004 PIV, so maybe the wiring is not big enough.

I had an '09 PIV and had this issue, I just ran a 10 ga. wire direct to the battery and no more problem (as long as your battery is big enough as well).

3. Member
    As mentioned above, direct wiring usually resolves that issue in the case of a known good battery. This also assumes that your graphs right now are running through the boats harness as they used to come from the factory in 2004. BCB has a very nice harness with a block in their store to make the install easier.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    I saw the one in the BCB store and was thinking getting that one.

5. Member
    I got the direct wiring harness from Bass Cat and have the wire ran.
    https://www.basscatstore.com/powercableforgraphs.aspx
    I do have a question. I got the one with the 25A breaker in the back at the battery. Do I also need to install inline fuses?
    Someone told me the graphs power cable have fuses and I do not need inline with this setup. I just wanted to be sure.

You need to run the 3 or 5 amp fuse inline to your graph, I would make sure its connected to the power wire and not assume it's there. you can also run the 25 amp cutoff switch, it will just shut power off to whatever you have on that block

7. Member
    When you go from the larger wire to the smaller wire used by depthfinders, it should be fused.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]