TM wire routing in 2014 Puma

I have a new to me 2014 Puma and I'm working on removing some of the old wiring

I noticed that my TM power wires, a Lowrance xducer, and a Lowrance power cable are all routed from the bow straight down the middle of the drainage sump. Everyone tells me it's not supposed to be like this. The old Lowrance cables look ancient and I would guess they are from factory. I'd like to get everything right on this boat, so just curious which side the TM wires are supposed to be on?

Also, anybody else have wires running down drainage?

They run the trolling motor power cables down the center of the hull into the bilge. They are not run on either side of the boat. If theres a lowrance cable going to the middle as well its going to a glassed / glued down shoot though hull puck.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. Member
    My trolling motor power wires run from the bilge straight up the middle as well. I always wondered about that although I haven't had any issues.
    Interesting post.

Yes, that’s all tinned AWG wire that’s oil and gas resistant, and that’s easy access straight between them. Started this about 2002 model year or so. Maybe sooner though we don’t recall.

5. Member
    So is there a rigging tube (conduit) that these wires are in, or are they just laying in the bottom. In other words, it is a straight shot from the back to the bow down the center of the boat?
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    So is there a rigging tube (conduit) that these wires are in, or are they just laying in the bottom. In other words, it is a straight shot from the back to the bow down the center of the boat?
    John
    I'm not the OP but mine have no other conduit. I don't have any graph wires running with tm wires like the OP though.

7. Member
    I am assuming the xducer cable is the original glassed one, but I have not located it yet or where the power cables run

yes, straight down the middle

thanks for answering BCB, had some other guys tell me theirs were ran down the side so I was just curious if others had them in the middle like me

John
    On face book theres a page called "Bass cat boats by serial number" looks like after the hulls come out of the molds and they install some type of infrastructure theres some pvc tubing up the nose coming out in the center, must be where they are running those cables. Not sure if the pvc tubing gos all the way to the back or is in sections as a guide.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    On face book theres a page called "Bass cat boats by serial number" looks like after the hulls come out of the molds and they install some type of infrastructure theres some pvc tubing up the nose coming out in the center, must be where they are running those cables. Not sure if the pvc tubing gos all the way to the back or is in sections as a guide.
    I'm intrigued by this because as many BassCats as I have ran wire on (mostly on the starboard side to the console) I hadnot traced the trolling motor wiring. I've ran wire on some bay boats that have a rigging tube to the center console, from the back, then to the front. I've also seen the rigging tubes not be solid, but break for about a foot before picking up again. Basscat does this on the upper cap in the starboard rod storage.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

I'm intrigued by this because as many BassCats as I have ran wire on (mostly on the starboard side to the console) I hadnot traced the trolling motor wiring. I've ran wire on some bay boats that have a rigging tube to the center console, from the back, then to the front. I've also seen the rigging tubes not be solid, but break for about a foot before picking up again. Basscat does this on the upper cap in the starboard rod storage.
    John
    on my 2013 Pantera 4 the TM wires ran right down the center of the bilge up to nose of boat....no conduit just the Positive and Negative 6 gauge TM wires. All wiring for front switches, graphs, etc is run up the starboard side from console through the conduit as you had mentioned.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"