Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dogfish_Jones

My new 2020 Z20 the wife got me for Valentines Day

Here she is. Put on all my graphs this past weekend. The wife bought me this as a Valentines Day gift. I will say them making the open area behind the console windshield to get to the wiring is so much better than laying on your back looking up with a flashlight in your mouth hooking up things.
    z20 5.jpgz20 6.jpgz20 1.jpg

2. Member
    Sweet looking ride. Awful nice of the Mrs. to get that for you. She deserves something awesome too!

3. Member
    Congrats enjoy

4. Member
    Very nice ��

Very nice looking rig enjoy

Nice. Congrats on the new ride...now what to do with the Z7 sitting in the background?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

7. Member
    nice boat.You will like it.

8. Member
    "laying on your back looking up with a flashlight in your mouth hooking up things"

Been there, done that!

Congratulations, nice.

9. Member
    She got a sister??

10. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Can't wait to see what you get for Christmas!

Congrats on the new rig (and the wife).
    Who controls John Gill?

11. Member
    Nice!!

12. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Nice. Congrats on the new ride...now what to do with the Z7 sitting in the background?
    Lol..yea, I am going to sell it. It’s in excellent condition and it will be a great boat for somebody... it has a Mercury Pro XS 150 on it. Less than 120 hours. I did take off all my graphs but will installed the Lowrance 5 that came with the Z20 on it. The Z7 has the MinnKota Terrova 80lp with spot lock and I-pilot too. LED lights in every compartment even the live wells. I just installed the Flow-rite drain plug kit in it too. Comess with the boat cover also.
    I am going to do a fine tooth comb detail job on it and put it up for sell.

13. Dogfish_Jones
    I took half a day off from work today since it hit 70 degrees and took it to the lake to test run it. It was amazing to drive. I could not believe the difference from my Z7 at 18’ 8” to 20’ 2”. The ride is so totally different. The Z20 can take a wave and you just barely notice it. The 4 stroke is super quit and had power that just keeps giving. I was doing my two hour break in and doing anywhere from 3000 to 4500 rpms. But even at 4500 rpm you are going around 55 mph. After an hour or so, I did crank it up to just see what it could do on a short run, I pulled back at 72 mph and it had more to go. I didn’t even max it out doing that. I’ll wait until I get 5+hours to really crank it up for a short run.
    I jump up front and tested how the Minn Kota Fortrex 36v 112 plus would handle the boat. It pull the boat with no effort and I tried it going into the wind and wave coming my way.
    The only issue I had today was the transom mount on my transducer broke into. It may have been crack but needless to say I ordered the metal type this time instead of the plastic one.
    It seems the 12” jack plate is set just right and the controls work like they are suppose to. I didn’t check out the live wells since I knew I wasn’t going to be fishing any.
    All in all, if the transducer bracket would not have broken into, it went perfect today. All my graphs were reading good and clear...well until I lost my depth readings and DI unit where that transducer hanging on for dear life. Thank goodness I use tie straps on the cable cords. I still had my other unit beside it to keep an eye on the depth.
    Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 02-03-2020 at 08:23 PM.

14. Member
    She’s purdy
    Native Titan 10.5 Kayak

15. Member
    Nice color combo!
    1996 Nitro 180 TF / Mercury 150 XR6

16. Member
    Congrats and good luck.

17. Member
    Wow, very nice!!

Whats the rope for on starboard front cleat?
    Vic
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

18. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerz321 View Post
    Wow, very nice!!

Whats the rope for on starboard front cleat?
    Vic
    That is when I launch the boat, I tie the other end to the trailer and let it float off and I go back and untie and pull it over to the dock. Of course this is when I am going by myself.

19. Member
    Congrats.......on the wife and the boat!!

20. Member
    Wow! Nice boat. Better keep her and the wife...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast