Vexus at Dallas Boat Expo

Got to get into the AVX1880 at the Dallas Boat Expo yesterday. Beautiful boat and likely what I'll buy next. One minor issue (mentioned here previously) is that the console sits fairly low, making it harder to get my legs under the steering wheel. Kind of have to bend to the side to fit under it. Anyone with a Vexus find this to be a problem?

On a different note, they do have a pontoon boat there that can be purchased for just $886/month. You might want to rush down there before it sells!

2. Member
    How narrow is the front deck at the trolling motor pedal? I’ve looked at pictures but so far haven’t gotten to look in person and it looks like it would be a very tight space with a few rods laid out on the deck

3. Member
    I sat in the seat exactly to test that. It is fairly narrow, but my assumption is that you would stage the rods behind the seat. Definitely too narrow to put them in front of or behind the seat. It would take me a day of fishing to determine if that would work. You would have to ask owners for more info.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggz29 View Post
    How narrow is the front deck at the trolling motor pedal? I’ve looked at pictures but so far haven’t gotten to look in person and it looks like it would be a very tight space with a few rods laid out on the deck
    Are we talking about the 1880? I don't have space issues with a full deck of rods. I don't fish with a front or butt seat, so I have plenty of room on the deck.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexomaDan View Post
    Got to get into the AVX1880 at the Dallas Boat Expo yesterday. Beautiful boat and likely what I'll buy next. One minor issue (mentioned here previously) is that the console sits fairly low, making it harder to get my legs under the steering wheel. Kind of have to bend to the side to fit under it. Anyone with a Vexus find this to be a problem?

On a different note, they do have a pontoon boat there that can be purchased for just $886/month. You might want to rush down there before it sells!
    I took a hard look at the 2080 for the first time and it seems like you sit kind of high compared to a glass boat. Cock pit is tight also. Good Looking boat though.