4-Stroke Repower Questions

My current motor is a 2007 225 Optimax #1B458068

I'm looking to repower to a new 4S. I'm not sure if I need the 20 or 25"? I have a BassCat Cougar.

What new model has the Torquemaster LU? This is the faster LU, correct?

What could I expect to get for my current motor with 835 hours? Still runs great and no issues. What are typical rigging costs?

Thanks.

Brian

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    20" model is what you need.

You can get a general idea of your engine's value from nada.com. Depending on the engine's actual condition, compression, etc- if might bring $4500-5500.

Under Mercury's guidelines, the selling dealer is responsible for rigging the engine to the boat properly, performing the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection), and registering the engine. You will need to deal directly with the dealer you will purchase from to determine rigging needs/costs.

The 225 ProXS w/Torquemaster is Model# 12250033A

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor