X19 Trolling Motor Install - how in the heck is it mounted to the deck?

Hi Everybody, My original Minn Kota has seen too much use in brackish water and I want to go ahead and replace it with a Minn Kota saltwater unit. I took off the front panel and there is no way my hand is going to get in there to put nuts on the underside of the bolts unless I Dremel out a bigger hole. So, how are these units mounted to the deck? Isolator bolts or some other thing that I've never heard of? Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Jack

2. Banned
    Mine was originally mounted with rivet nuts. When I swapped out trolling motors I went with through bolts washers and lock nuts, but my bow panel allowed me access.

3. Member
    thanks pa.x19. The hole in my panel is too small, so I'm just going to dremel it out. I thought about isolators but I hate them and I thought about the stainless steel toggles, but just going to through bolt it. Thanks for the reply. jack

4. Member
    The '08 X19 that I used to have was exactly how pa.X19 explained his. Mine was too ...... and I did as well.

Good Luck!
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

5. Member
    My '17 X19 has Rivnuts. One came loose wouldn't tighten back up so a skinny ass mechanic buddy crawled up in the center box to hold it from spinning while I socked it down tight.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

You need rivnuts if you own an aluminum boat

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Mine broke off in big water. I removed my trolling motor tray and front panel. Removed the riveting. And went back with SS hard ware with Teflon lock nuts and washers. Been 6 yers now no more issues.