Thread: Caymas Trailers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caymas Trailers

Can somebody please confirm which trailer brand Caymas is utilizing. I thought they were utilizing Marine Master (junk trailer) but I saw a video on the Benchmark trailer website, it appears that they are building trailers for both Caymas and Phoenix. Can somebody with closer ties to Caymas fill us in?

2. Banned
    Mine isn’t a MM trailer, not the sexiest trailer I’ve had but it seems to be well built and a C channel frame. It pulls really good and doesn’t pogo stick like some I’ve had and the boat loads really easy.

3. Member
    The caymas rep at the boat show this weekend told me the first ones out had the MM trailers but they’re changing to benchmark. He said there should be some already out there with the new trailers under them.

4. Banned
    Mine is benchmark, has Road Armour spray on, different jack and winch than I’ve seen before.

5. Member
    Mine is a benchmark, the nose of the boat sits kinda high. There is no adjustment.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brillo View Post
    Mine is a benchmark, the nose of the boat sits kinda high. There is no adjustment.
    Mine does to but it loads so easy.

Beautiful boats but the trailer did keep me from jumping....
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

8. Member
    I'd say the trailers are very basic. Tires are basic also.

9. Banned
    On these rough Texas road I’ve put my Benchmark trailer to the test and I like it better than my previous Triton trailers. The trailer isn’t the flashiest thing I’ve pulled but I didn’t buy this boat and trailer for looks, I bought for performance on the water and that’s where it’s the best in my opinion. Plus, that 2500$ Caymas cash I won yesterday made it well worth buying.

10. Member
    My trailer is a Marine Master tube trailer. It has brakes on both axles and also shocks. It is sprayed with Road Armor. The trailer is quiet thus far and tows real good. I’ve had Marine Master on at least 4 of my 6 Tritons that I have owned and never had any trouble out of any of them and I cruise around 70-75 MPH on the interstate with no problems, but only once on this trailer and that was bringing my CX-21 Pro home.
    CAYMAS1

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    On these rough Texas road I’ve put my Benchmark trailer to the test and I like it better than my previous Triton trailers. The trailer isn’t the flashiest thing I’ve pulled but I didn’t buy this boat and trailer for looks, I bought for performance on the water and that’s where it’s the best in my opinion. Plus, that 2500$ Caymas cash I won yesterday made it well worth buying.
    I've noticed much wider tires on the couple of Caymas trailers I've seen. Make a difference on those rough Texas roads?

12. Member
    I just upgraded my tires to goodyear endurance tires. They are a bit wider and a bit taller than what came on mine. Mine come with st205 75/14s carisle standard. The endurance tires are load D. St215 75/14s

Beenchmark builds tube trailers. If you want a trailer to fail thats a good place to start. C-channel trailer does not hold water so there are no surprises!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by offshoreATH View Post
    I've noticed much wider tires on the couple of Caymas trailers I've seen. Make a difference on those rough Texas roads?
    It’s the torsion bars instead of leaf springs with no shocks that make the difference.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Beenchmark builds tube trailers. If you want a trailer to fail thats a good place to start. C-channel trailer does not hold water so there are no surprises!
    Not all benchmarks are tube, mine is C channel.

Not all benchmarks are tube, mine is C channel.
    Just got off the phone with them. I was told no c-channel! I need to replace a tube type. If I would have bought it new it wouldn't have one.

Who's BRIGHT idea was that anyway!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

17. Member
    My benchmark Trailer is c channel on my caymas.

Maybe its not a Benchmark or they did now they don't or Jeff Schild doesn't want to sell a trailer!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Maybe its not a Benchmark or they did now they don't or Jeff Schild doesn't want to sell a trailer!
    I can certainly read and the title says Benchmark and the trailer says it on the serial number plate and I also know the difference between tube and C channel.

20. Banned
    Plus, that 2500$ Caymas cash I won yesterday made it well worth buying.
    Congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast