Thread: Skeeter DSS box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    If it woks let me know. Im in the same spot, Mine is dead.

2. Member
    May boat is still in storage so it will be a while before I can test it

3. Member
    Update. I have 2 unprogrammed boxes. I confirmed that the unprogrammed boxes will not work. I spoke to Blink Marine about programming the boxes. They have the software and will program. Sending both boxes off to be programmed. I will then have 2 spare boxes. Selling the FX20 so will either send them with the new owner or sell them seperately at my cost. I know there are a few guys out there in need.

4. Member
    To all that buy these.. I have rewired my entire boat and let me tell you those boxes just don’t go bad. I think they use to have a bunch of monkeys wiring these boats. I hope the new ones are better...and good luck with replacements.

5. Member
    What do you mean by "rewired your ... boat"? Did you install the rocker switch replacement kit?

6. Member
    I mean re-wired everything... and made new panels with switches, all of my wiring now is under the day box area(the fuse block, terminal strips, live well timers, etc.). I ran new marine grade wire to each device, lights, etc. by no way was this a easy job. I’m an electrician by trade and had another very capable fab guy working with me. What I found once my brain box DMS smoked.
    1) when we lifted the back deck off we found 4 to 5 wires pinched “flat” between the Aluminum deck and the boat that it bolts down to.
    2) once deck was off we found more than one, non weather proof crimps that were all corroded and found a few that had a #10 wire coming in one end and 5-#16 coming out the other side and all corroded.
    3) at the plug that plugs into the control box some wires were 4” long and others were 2 feet long, the wires were so tight they almost pull out of that little block that is attached to the brain box.
    4) took the shifter out and behind there was about a 25’ tapped up coil of wire and had some non weather proof splices in there that were corroded.
    5) all of the wiring was just like thrown in there with a few tiewraps here and there.
    I’m sure I’m missing something.

7. Member
    I did all of this before they had the rocker switch conversion kit. And I couldn’t bring myself to pay the $1200 (back then) and have the same thing happen again. At the time of mine going bad there were a few on here saying they were on their 2nd and 3rd boxes. That’s why I made the comments I did.

8. Member
    Sorry for the hijack and rant...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    Sorry for the hijack and rant...
    Now I understand. You're saying bad wiring is causing the problem with the boxes got it tend to agree

10. Banned
    Sold my I class so my brand new never used backup DSS box is no longer needed.
    20200529_212130.jpg

11. Member
    Does anyone have the part number and cost of the replacement rocker switch conversion kit?
    I've replaced 4 of the brain boxes on my 07 I class and it's getting old...
    2007 Skeeter 20i, Yamaha HPDI 250

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    Sold my I class so my brand new never used backup DSS box is no longer needed.
    20200529_212130.jpg
    Hey EL Skeeter, do you still have the backup DSS box?
    2007 Skeeter 20i, Yamaha HPDI 250

13. Member
    do u still have the brain box. if u do would u call me 334 685-0052

14. bullyfish
    Contact Omni- Bus they will fix you up

15. Member
    I’m in need of a box myself.

I cannot find a phone number or info to contact Omni-bus. Can you share? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12