Not a boat trailer but would still like advice

I’m in the process of ordering a new 6x12 enclosed trailer for hauling my toys around. Have the make and model narrowed down but just deciding on colour. I was all ready to order it in Matte Black finish but everyone I’ve talked to keeps telling me Matte won’t look good a couple years down the road and to go with gloss black. Just wondering if anyone here has a matte black trailer of any sort and how do they feel it looked after a few years. I won’t be using it in the winter to tow just for storage but it will be outside year round. Placing my order this week for it.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Black trailer will be sweltering hot in the summer.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I’ve always had a 24’ enclosed car hauler...gloss black. I would not have a flat back. Just won’t hold up out side. In fact if it can’t be kept inside I would not buy black at all.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I’ve always had a 24’ enclosed car hauler...gloss black. I would not have a flat back. Just won’t hold up out side. In fact if it can’t be kept inside I would not buy black at all.
    I was afraid the Matte wouldn’t hold up as good as the gloss. As another person above mentioned it will be hot in the summer but where it’s going to to be parked will be partly shaded most of the time. I’m pretty well set on getting black but I guess the gloss would be a little better for putting a good coat of wax/protectant on a couple times a year. It’s for hauling/storing my side by side and maybe using as extra storage over the winter (golf clubs, bicycles things like that). I am getting it with side vents and a roof vent so it should breathe a bit I hope. Thanks for the replies folks.

Black, only a couple of coats of protectant yearly and partial shade which is indirect sunlight means you’re looking at a faded trailer in 2-3 years more than likely. Not being smart just giving you advice from what I’ve seen from friends that (had to leave their trailers outside) we’ve shown cars with over the years.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    White is popular around here. Interestingly, there have been some trailer thefts recently. You should invest in some devices to prevent it.

7. Member
    The gray or silver trailers are a happy medium I think.
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom

8. Member
    I have a black 20' enclosed trailer and it gets way too hot. I should have gotten white or silver, but I had a black truck at the time and wanted it to match. Would not buy another black one at all.

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Went past a place this afternoon that had two medium gray trailers with white roofs. Nice looking!
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    I have a black enclosed and it is a royal pain to keep clean. A silver or white would be way better. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

11. Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I know everybody has said that black will be hot and hard to keep clean but I’m stubborn and that’s the colour I’m going with. Decided to not go with Matte though and went gloss instead. Also having the factory put on black checker plate guards on the front and black fenders (came standard with polished aluminum). Putting the tie down track on floor and walls so I have some options for what I haul and do with it. Now they tell me 5-6 weeks build and delivery time before it gets up here to the great white north which maybe if I’m lucky the snow will be gone. Looking forward to getting it here and customizing the inside the way I want and getting the side by side loaded up in it!!