Banned

Verado 250 trim or power steering leak?

2005 verado 250
    SN 1B193158

New to me and the old owner didn't say there were any issues. You know how that goes. Trim holds firm, I can leave it up for a as long as I want and it doesn't drop at all. I'm scratching my head on this one. Ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    Pulled the steering off and yup seals are bad.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That was going to be my suggestion.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That was going to be my suggestion.
    Yeah I'm going to send it out for rebuild. Can't believe how much they want for that socket to remove the ends. Don do you guys have the O ring that goes between the motor and cylinder? I'll need to order one.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Rhonda can get you the seals and/or o-ring.

When I last checked you couldn't even get the socket (that may have changed... it's been a couple years).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Rhonda can get you the seals and/or o-ring.

When I last checked you couldn't even get the socket (that may have changed... it's been a couple years).
    Yeah I think they are aftermarket ones. Ok cool Ill give her a shout. Thanks!

7. Banned
    Anyone needs the socket to rebuild there's I have one for half price. Just rebuilt mine.