St Johns River for a Couple Days!

Hello all! My girlfriend surprised me with a weekend trip to a fish camp on the St Johns for my birthday. We’re a short (small) boat ride from Little Lake George to the south. Any tips on what the fish are doing in this area right now? Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Member
    Have fun!

3. Member
    Happy Birthday

Which one Renegades on the River or Bassworld?
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Either way I would fish the Oklawaha , I won my last club tournament last weekend stayed in there all day. Everything else was dirty and the grass in salt springs is non existent.

6. Member
    Thanks everyone!! Will report on tomorrow’s fishing! Special thanks to BOATS for the insight!

Quote Originally Posted by gaterb View Post
    Thanks everyone!! Will report on tomorrow’s fishing! Special thanks to BOATS for the insight!

8. Member
    Skunked today unfortunately, but what a Gorgeous place! We weren’t able to go super far, a lot of boat traffic and in our small craft we didn’t want to get run over. Stuck to beating the bank in small coves. Had a couple bites in the Lilly pad fields but didn’t convert. Everyone was super nice on the water. Spoke to a few different people who were catching some on beds. Highlight of our day was seeing a group of manatees hanging out in the shallows. So much wildlife around, always cool to see. Definitely will be back! Thanks again everyone for the responses and advice!

9. Banned
    If you're north of Lake George head into the lake go to the west side and fish around the Silver Glen entrance along the banks...