Suzuki DF40 4 stroke flashing

I would like to have my 2016 40hp flashed to a 50. It appears the 40-60 hp suzuki has the same bore & stroke and powerhead. Would love to hear from anybody that has knowledge of this.

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

2. Member
    There’s a far easier and less expensive way to get more hp out of the DF40!

Simply by replacing the air intake restrictor plate with the one from the 60hp.

They refer to the part involved by the strange name of the “Silencer Holder”

Replace the DF 40A part with the DF60A, part number 13813-88L00. Costs less than $5!!

https://www.boats.net/search?q=13813-88L00

Its a 10 minute job to do it, several of us in our fishing club have done it, no adverse effects so far for any of us.

We picked ip 600rpm and had to change to a higher pitched prop. You will like the extra horsepower gained!!

Link to a thread over on the Suzuki Outboard forum that started it all....
    https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...ki-owner-df40a
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-31-2020 at 08:02 PM.

3. Member
    ^^^^Well that's cool!! ^^^^^

4. Member
    Haha!

Yes, the silencer holder on the 40 is a rubber disc about 2” across with a metal centre insert that has 3 air holes in it that feed the engine. They are about the size to fit a standard pencil thru. The holder on the 60 has eliminated the centre metal piece so there is one large air hole about 1.5” across.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-02-2020 at 09:49 PM.

5. Member
    I wonder if the same thing could be done across the 70 - 90 hp model, 115 - 140 hp models, 150 - 200 hp models, etc. etc. I would assume the technology is the same for the 40 up through the 300.

6. Member
    I dont know, you would have to do what the guys did for the 40-60 range: go through the parts diagram for the inlet tract and check each component to see if they are the same/shared between models, or not.

We did find that the fuel injectors and ecu are in fact different part numbers between the 40 and 60, so its unlikely that we get the full 60hp from the 40 just be changing the silencer holder. But heck, the hp gain was really noticeable and indeed proven by the increased rpm, top speed we achieved etc.

I reckon we got somewhere between 50 and 60hp.

7. Member
    Thank you very much for all of the info. I have the part ordered and look forward to trying it come spring up here in Michigan!