Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    We had a 2013 Browning Edition XP900 and it was flawless. Sold it to a friend two months ago and bought a new 2020 XP1000 Northstar with Ride Command. It is LOADED. The only thing about it I don't like is the price.

2. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Altro Cat View Post
    Check out the Mule Pro FXR. Should be just what you are wanting. Slightly smaller bed than a Pro FX but with a trail ready suspension. Personally from someone who works in a dealership I prefer the Mule Pro engine to the new Wolverine engine. The Mule engine has been refined from years of automotive use in Asia.
    I bought a Mule Pro FXT this year and LOVE IT. I did however get 2 recalls in the mail this week with instructions not to drive the unit until they are fixed. Not sure how I am supposed to do that when all the dealerships are closed.... I went with the Mule because of the convertible bed going from two row seating to one with a huge bed. Check it out, it's a beast.

Figured I would update this thread.

In an earlier post the Pioneer I ordered came in but I held off due to the uncertainty of everything happening with Covid-19. Fast forward to now and the SxS/ATV market is depleted just like boats are. There wasn’t a Pioneer that I wanted available near me so I ended up buying the last Ranger 1000XP my dealer had in stock.

My previous Ranger was flawless so I’m hoping for the same luck with this one. Roof is on back order but went ahead and put the folding windshield and rear panel on it.

2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

Quote Originally Posted by PATRO View Post
    Figured I would update this thread.

In an earlier post the Pioneer I ordered came in but I held off due to the uncertainty of everything happening with Covid-19. Fast forward to now and the SxS/ATV market is depleted just like boats are. There wasn’t a Pioneer that I wanted available near me so I ended up buying the last Ranger 1000XP my dealer had in stock.

My previous Ranger was flawless so I’m hoping for the same luck with this one. Roof is on back order but went ahead and put the folding windshield and rear panel on it.

Good lookin rig!

How's it holding up and what are your thoughts so far?

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Good lookin rig!

How's it holding up and what are your thoughts so far?
    I have ~30hrs on it so far mainly using for deer hunting with some light trail riding mixed in. Compared to my previous 900XP it has a much nicer ride and the interior is a great improvement. Was expecting it to have a little bit more power being it has 82hp but I don’t feel much difference from my 900. No biggie as I normally just cruise around the farm.

I do have one issue with it though, when I crank it in gear it lunges at times. Seems to be an issue with the clutching from what I’ve read online and hopefully it will be covered under warranty. Waiting for hunting season to be over to take it in.
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

6. Member
    I have a cub cadet side by side nothing but trouble from day one piece of junk

I have ~30hrs on it so far mainly using for deer hunting with some light trail riding mixed in. Compared to my previous 900XP it has a much nicer ride and the interior is a great improvement. Was expecting it to have a little bit more power being it has 82hp but I don’t feel much difference from my 900. No biggie as I normally just cruise around the farm.

I do have one issue with it though, when I crank it in gear it lunges at times. Seems to be an issue with the clutching from what I’ve read online and hopefully it will be covered under warranty. Waiting for hunting season to be over to take it in.
    There are several clutch updates that are covered under service bulletins. Make sure they install the new blue spring as it seems to be the actual fix. As far as the power make sure you are in "Performance Mode" in order to get full power. Work and Standard smooth the throttle delivery but cut the power down. I've got just over 3K on mine and it has been flawless so far.

8. Member
    I have ridden extensively or owned the various models you mentioned above; Can-Am's, Polaris', and Honda's. My latest purchase and one I've been most satisfied with is the Ranger XP1000. I primarily hunt with it and do chores...haul wood, etc...It is truly a beast. It is easy to add accessories if you like, winch, roof, lights, windshield,....Ranger has them all. I spent quite a bit of seat time in a 4 seater Honda this past December. Good thing it was cold out....the heat really radiates up through the seats (like the Ranger's of old). The owner even warned me about it and said that he does not use it in the summer for that reason. They have multiple SxS's and typically use their Ranger's for everything but decided to purchase a Honda to try. All three make quality machines, but I really think Polaris has it down. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrybusy View Post
    I have ridden extensively or owned the various models you mentioned above; Can-Am's, Polaris', and Honda's. My latest purchase and one I've been most satisfied with is the Ranger XP1000. I primarily hunt with it and do chores...haul wood, etc...It is truly a beast. It is easy to add accessories if you like, winch, roof, lights, windshield,....Ranger has them all. I spent quite a bit of seat time in a 4 seater Honda this past December. Good thing it was cold out....the heat really radiates up through the seats (like the Ranger's of old). The owner even warned me about it and said that he does not use it in the summer for that reason. They have multiple SxS's and typically use their Ranger's for everything but decided to purchase a Honda to try. All three make quality machines, but I really think Polaris has it down. Good Luck!
    The heat issue in the cab with the Pioneer was a major concern for me. It’s all over the FB pages. The CanAm I was interested in was short lived due to the local dealer here. While looking over it I noticed the gas cap was missing and it had been outside for a month or so. Dealer acted like it was no big deal, umm it’s been sitting out in the rain with no gas cap dummy!!!

The Polaris Ranger is hard to beat for the man who likes to hunt, work and trail ride. While it fills all these boxes nicely you would think that Polaris wouldn’t have these clutching issues like mine has which is mentioned regularly on various forums. My 6 month warranty is out and I didn’t get it fixed under warranty due to being in the middle of hunting season and didn’t want to be without it. I will probably go with a Gilomen or Duraclutch aftermarket clutch when it gets bad enough that I can’t run it.

The heat issue in the cab with the Pioneer was a major concern for me. It’s all over the FB pages. The CanAm I was interested in was short lived due to the local dealer here. While looking over it I noticed the gas cap was missing and it had been outside for a month or so. Dealer acted like it was no big deal, umm it’s been sitting out in the rain with no gas cap dummy!!!

The Polaris Ranger is hard to beat for the man who likes to hunt, work and trail ride. While it fills all these boxes nicely you would think that Polaris wouldn’t have these clutching issues like mine has which is mentioned regularly on various forums. My 6 month warranty is out and I didn’t get it fixed under warranty due to being in the middle of hunting season and didn’t want to be without it. I will probably go with a Gilomen or Duraclutch aftermarket clutch when it gets bad enough that I can’t run it.
    The clutch issues are covered under various service bulletins. Your dealer can cover them even if your warranty is gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12