2005 Legend LE 186 Transom?

I am posting this for a friend, but we were just curious if anyone has any insight on what the transom of a 2005 18 foot legend with a 200 merc efi would be made of? Im asking because within the last year he has noticed rot colored stains dripping down his drain plugs after taking the boat out. He always thought they had switched to composite by this year but after seeing these I'm inclined to believe that this boat still might have the fiberglass encapsulated plywood transom. Additionally, there are numerous gelcoat cracks on the lower part of where the transom is, below the jackplate which is concerning. None of these are deeper than normal, and there aren't gelcoat cracks yet along the edge of the transom at the top. Does anybody have any insight on this particular hull?
    Colorado State University Bass Team

2000 Viper Cobra 201D, 200 merc efi

2. Member
    I've got an "07 LE186 that I don't seem to have the same issues. So few of these were made and 2005 may be the 1st year they were produced. You may have to see if there is anybody left to talk to from the website that's still up.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

3. Banned
    They didn't switch to composite only until 2007 year models so those would be starting to be built in latter part of 2006, you HIN# tells you the month and year your boat was built, the last 2 #'s are the model year the # before this is the year built and the letter before this is the month built (A=january, B=february, C=march and so on)

Thanks for the info! We popped the drain tubes out and he indeed has a plywood transom still.
    Colorado State University Bass Team

2000 Viper Cobra 201D, 200 merc efi