Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

affordable deep cycle

Just a weekend angler that needs 2 new deep ell batteries on a budget! Going to Wal-Mart after work, any suggestions?. looking to spend no more than $125 ea. Thanks in advance for any replies
    oli

2. Member
    I have always had my best luck with interstate, have tried others but always came back to interstate.

3. Member
    Should be easy at Wal-Mart. I just bought 29's think they were 89 bucks or so.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

I've run Everstart group 27's for many years. No problem, but easy to exchange at any Walmart if a problem occurs.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    This^^^^^^

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

If you have a Sams club close to you...you can get a group 31 Duracell (made by the same company that makes Dekka batteries) for right at 100.00. These are flooded/wet cells not the AGM’s. Just replaced my Dekkas with them and so far they have been great.

7. Member
    I've always had good luck with interstates.

Another one for interstate
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KOBASSATTACK1 View Post
    I have always had my best luck with interstate, have tried others but always came back to interstate.
    I was an interstate dealer for many years. Always ran them. Bought for cost. Until I had one short in a tournament on a saturday. No interstate dealers around. Learned real quick that Wal-mart is in every backwoods poedunk town I fish. Open 7 days a week and the price is cheaper then interstate at wholesale price. I agree they may not be the same quality. But if your not making a living in your boat. They work just fine.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post

Yep have had great luck with these and even the 27's for trolling motors

11. Member
    Everstarts. I bought a set for my trolling motor in August 2014 and they are still in my boat. I haven't added water or done anything to them except charge them. I didn't realized they were that old until I saw the stickers. I'll be replacing them in the spring, but I got my money worth.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Another vote for Wally Worlds Everstart 29s! I have them in my boat and have one fail that was replaced with no questions asked. Great batteries for the money and the convenience if you need to warranty one.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    Ill throw a kink in the rope. For almost the last 40 years Ive used 30 group AC Delcos. Ive always got 6 to 7 years out of them. Only other battery that Ive had in the boat was Sears AGM and you cant get them anymore.

14. Member
    No reason to go any other place but Walmart for your tolling motor batteries unless you are a stout tournament fisherman. I have never had a problem with any warranty issues, I think out of 20 plus years I have been running EverStart batteries I had one that I had to take back for issues that was covered under their warranty. The good part about buying at Walmart is there is always one or two right around the corner so if you have an issue with your battery, try and find a Sam's Club or a NAPA Auto open at 5 in the morning to swap out a battery or purchase a new one before you hit the water if needed, carry your receipt in with your boat registration.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

Never had any luck with Interstates, they're done after a year. Run Everstarts for my TM batteries. Like said you can replace them very easily.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratltrap View Post
    carry your receipt in with your boat registration.
    Better yet. Download the Wal-mart app and scan your receipt. Always have it. By the way Ratl go check your receipt. See if it is readable. You have to make a copy of it if you want it to last. Kind of like disappearing ink. Lol
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

17. Member
    My best luck has been with NAPA ones, same as the wet cell Duracell that Batteries Plus sells, just different label.

18. Member
    Make sure to check the date, I wouldn't want one that was over 2 months old.

Interstate and Everstart are the exact same batteries. Not similar, not just made by the same manufacturer, they are EXACTLY the same - Interstate SRM = EverStart Maxx. The only difference is one is green while the other is black and they have different stickers. This is the same story with any deep cycle batteries made by Johnson Controls, and there are a BUNCH of them.

Duracell (Batteries Plus, Sam's Club), Super Start (O'Reilly's), Deka, most NAPA, and many others are made by East Penn. I'm an East Penn fan so I get the Duracells. Group 31 at Sam's Club is right at $100.

Also worth mentioning as many aren't aware, common marine battery group sizes from smallest to largest: 34, 24, 27, 29/31. Yep, 34 is the smallest, and 29 and 31 are the same. Johnson Controls, Exide, and East Penn are (basically) the only wet cell manufacturers for batteries in the US, so any name brand will be one of those (aside from Trojan, which makes their own).
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

20. Member
    Duracell from sams club

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast