Question Lure Retriever - Pole or Rope/Weighted

All,

I have never used a lure retriever before and was curious which style people would recommend? Pole mounted or the weighted style on rope? Also if there is a favorite make/model?

Thanks in advance Matt!

2. Member
    You really need both. Use a pole-type for <8-10'. Also handy to retrieve lures stuck in trees or on the bank - or so I hear...... You can make a neat, stowable one from a golf ball retriever. The "hound dog" style on para cord is handy for deep divers. They will pay for themselves pretty quickly.

3. Member
    Any recommendations on each?

4. Member
    Depends on the depth your fishing. Ive never had that good of success with the hound dog type. But never had any issues and always good luck using the telescoping pole with the cork screw. Just looked at cabelas and not one listed. Used to cost $20.

5. Member
    Hound Dog retriever on retractable dog leash or put on chalk line reel. Works great. Can't remember last time I lost a crankbait. Works most of time for jigs too.

The pole works great for the ones hung up in the tree's. The pole works pretty good 8 to 10 feet of water, then went to Very good after the Ultrex was installed. The Hound Dog works great in deeper water.
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

7. Member
    THe pole is best, been using one for years. I get alot of lures others lose in trees with it!