Need some insight on Fishing an Under-Spin Bait

I set the stage to where I would be fishing. Water temps are in low 50* high 40* with light stain water. Winds at 10-15 mph with some 15-20 mph gust. Had heard when winds blow a blade bait is good. I also believe, as posted, at these temperatures Bass are moving slower but are feeding.

2. Member
    Blade bait and underspin are 2 completely different baits

3. Member
    Yes I understand there is a difference in the two baits. That is one thing I am asking what would be the good technique to fish the underspin bait.

4. Member
    Blade bait like the Silver Buddy I always used a lift and drop retrieval and under spins in usually reel them slowly sometimes killing them and letting them sink a bit then get them going again.
    Red Sox in 6!

5. Member
    Thanks Phrog Phil. I've not thrown the underspin in the past and just was curious what the most productive method of working the bait. Now I'll be looking for possible schooling bait, Thread Fin or Blue Back Herring. As you have suggested I'll try the lift and drop style retrieve, slow roll, or the reel & stop a second or two then follow back to the boat. Thanks again and you catch'em all.