KY Lake Conditions

Looks like we should have a nice day on Sunday and was hoping to head down to KY lake. Can anybody tell me water clarity before then? I see surface temps are 47, so that is good.

2. Member
    I fished Sunday and it was pretty clear in the creeks and the main lake. 2-3 foot of visibility. This was south of Paris so its probably clear most places. Creeks were clearer. The main lake had a bit of stain but not much.

3. Member
    Just a heads up to anyone using the KY Dam Marina ramp, stay away from the first row of parking spots closest to the water. They have wood screws and bolts all over the parking lot.

4. Member
    Kentucky dam is spilling 346,000 cfs currently and is projected to go up to 358,000 cfs! Had to do a double take to make sure I was reading that correctly. Just don't remember seeing it that fast before, though it probably has. There goes any hope for grass lol!

5. Member
    What's the lake looking like this week? Debating if it's worth the drive Saturday morning.

6. Member
    The lake is on the rise. Suppose to hit 358' by the 21st. Lots of debris floating around, along with the occasional tree floating down the river channel. I was out yesterday and it look fairly muddy, but not chocolate milk. I'm sure the water color will continue to improve as the weekend approaches. Water temps are hovering around 50 degrees.