Thread: Boat wrap ?

Boat wrap ?

I'm looking at a few wraps for my old javelin. They come in either matte or gloss. Has anyone seen a wrap that is gloss and the level shine it has?

2. Member
    I wrapped my boat in Matte grey... 8 hours and $230 later it was done. That was 4 years ago....

www.fellers.com

3. Member
    I used 3M 1080 charcoal metallic gloss on mine. I couldn't find the color I wanted in satin so I settled on the gloss. I'm happy with it, though there is some hull imperfection that telegraphs through on each side hull where a cross brace was tackwelded. Not bad, but obvious. I had a gouge from the previous owner that I filled and sanded smooth, then wrapped over it. If you're doing a fiberglass boat I would recommend doing that because any imperfection will show even with matte--just a little less so. I do like the wrap, it really changes the look of the boat. Here's a link to a few photos. I have others of the hull if you want to see more, PM me. 3M has a new 2080 wrap that appears to be a better product than 1080, it has a protective film over the finish side that is removed after installation and has a better warranty too.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....51#post9317451
    Last edited by ct0218; 01-30-2020 at 07:21 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjranger View Post
    I wrapped my boat in Matte grey... 8 hours and $230 later it was done. That was 4 years ago....

www.fellers.com
    Bjranger, it appears that fellers is for dealer only or is that not correct? Did they assist you in designing your wrap? I want to wrap mine in my company's logos etc. How well has yours help up, any issues with it peeling etc? All my company truck are logo'd out with partial wraps but the material they used on our vehicles would be a good choice for marine environment. Do you know what material they used on your wrap?

5. Member
    Mine, of course, was not printed, but I live in a small town and a small local sign shop has the film and the printer and the capability of printing huge panels for about anything. I'm sure that you have a local sign shop that is capable of selling you the film and also printing whatever you want on it. They probably wouldn't want to print on film that you furnished, but who knows. And Fellers is a retailer for many different manufactured films, just like Metrorestyling, the company I bought from.