Tires for 17” rims

Seen the horror stories of the Kenda tires that came on my Ranger trailer, problem is I can’t find a trailer tire for a 17” rim. What’s everyone running?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Member
    LT or P tires.

3. Member
    I would go LT tire.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

Do a search by size on a site like tire rack. It will show what type service each tire is designed for, ST, LT etc. You can then see all the specs including where each tire is made. Look at load/psi ratings. A few years ago I was able to find a low profile tire that was weight rated to carry the load of a boat that would probably exceed the weight of just about any bass boat.

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. I have done the search thing on about every website I can think of and have yet to find a true trailer tire. Looks like there’s a market for one, some manufacturer is missing a great opportunity to cash in
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

6. Member
    I took the pos Kendas off and went with Michelin Defenders,,,higher load and speed rating then what came off.

Rides like a dream now.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

7. Member
    How about Goodyear Endurance?

8. Member
    [QUOTE=FishFish;10830177]How about Goodyear Endurance?[/QUOTEAs far as I can see they don’t sell them in a 215/65R17 tire

9. Member
    There are a lot of P215/65R17 tires out there. I've been running Cooper Cobra P205/75R14 tires for about 5 years now. No problems.

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

10. Member
    Yea I see there are lots of options in P or LT tires, I was looking for a true trailer tire but they don’t seem to be out there

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Komatoz521 View Post
    Yea I see there are lots of options in P or LT tires, I was looking for a true trailer tire but they don’t seem to be out there
    In spite of all the myths on the internet and stories told by tire dealers, the only difference between a trailer tire and an LT or P tire is the tread. There are differences among them about how the actual weight capacity translates to Load Range, but that isn’t an issue if you just go by actual pounds of capacity. A good LT or P rated tire will outperform most if not all ST rated tires in trailer use if it is rated for the weight. Nothing a tire sees in trailer use is close to the forces a tire on the front of a vehicle sees during a turn at speed.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    In spite of all the myths on the internet and stories told by tire dealers, the only difference between a trailer tire and an LT or P tire is the tread. There are differences among them about how the actual weight capacity translates to Load Range, but that isn’t an issue if you just go by actual pounds of capacity. A good LT or P rated tire will outperform most if not all ST rated tires in trailer use if it is rated for the weight. Nothing a tire sees in trailer use is close to the forces a tire on the front of a vehicle sees during a turn at speed.
    Yep.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Thanks for the info CatFan!