Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have owned both and currently have a 518L. Either choice you make will put you in a boat that is absolutely fantastic. I have owned 2 bass cats. a classic and a IV. Both companies are also fantastic to deal with as well if you want or need something after the purchase. I found that the Cats were defiantly a faster ride and what I felt was more fun to drive but as I got older and not as much into the top speed giving up a a couple mph for a more stable platform while fishing was one of my reasoning for making the current change. The Ranger defiantly shines with the TM down in this class of boats as the cats do with speed. I currently see it as I only have one race and that's at blast off the rest of the day it is about the trolling motor being down and the 518 with a 200 will hit 70 so its not a slug. The customer service from both companies could not be any better. My advice would be to you if the interior lay out in one is not a difference maker and the speed or stability small differences don't matter to you put some consideration into the dealer that you have close to you that will be taking care of you after the purchase, that is the part that made my final choice for me. Post a pic of what you end up buying !

Mike Beachy 2020 TRX 21 250 Pro XS 4S

2. Member
    Ranger dealer is closest to me. The nearest BassCat dealer is several hours away. I do wish BassCat had more dealers. Not that they probably go back for much repair but if something does happen a short drive is much better.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Ranger but I would be just as happy with a BassCat.

3. Member
    Two great choices. Good luck with whatever you go with and make sure to post some pictures

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeachy View Post
    I have owned both and currently have a 518L. Either choice you make will put you in a boat that is absolutely fantastic. I have owned 2 bass cats. a classic and a IV. Both companies are also fantastic to deal with as well if you want or need something after the purchase. I found that the Cats were defiantly a faster ride and what I felt was more fun to drive but as I got older and not as much into the top speed giving up a a couple mph for a more stable platform while fishing was one of my reasoning for making the current change. The Ranger defiantly shines with the TM down in this class of boats as the cats do with speed. I currently see it as I only have one race and that's at blast off the rest of the day it is about the trolling motor being down and the 518 with a 200 will hit 70 so its not a slug. The customer service from both companies could not be any better. My advice would be to you if the interior lay out in one is not a difference maker and the speed or stability small differences don't matter to you put some consideration into the dealer that you have close to you that will be taking care of you after the purchase, that is the part that made my final choice for me. Post a pic of what you end up buying !
    Very classy post Sure is nice to see that brand comparison posts don't have to be a bash fest. To the op, there is absolutely no bad choice given the brands you're looking at....both are top notch. Good luck with the search and as mentioned post pics when you get your new rig.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Very classy post Sure is nice to see that brand comparison posts don't have to be a bash fest. To the op, there is absolutely no bad choice given the brands you're looking at....both are top notch. Good luck with the search and as mentioned post pics when you get your new rig.
    Agreed... And I agree, you can't go wrong with either company. They are both well made, make their own trailers which are the best in the business and have customer service that backs up their fine products.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    This is one of those "unanswerable" questions. In terms of support, BCB wins easily. Quality, they still win but it is closer. For everything else, it is a personal choice that can't be settled by some sort of community vote. You have to sit in, ride in, drive and fish from both. Then you will KNOW the correct answer.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llsdjv View Post
    Ranger dealer is closest to me. The nearest BassCat dealer is several hours away. I do wish BassCat had more dealers. Not that they probably go back for much repair but if something does happen a short drive is much better.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Ranger but I would be just as happy with a BassCat.
    My closest dealer is 100 mile round trip.
    More than likely your drive will consist of taking care of the yearly preventive maintenance on the engine and not the rigs themselves.

Oldtimer hit the nail on the head. You need to drive and fish from both rigs if you have that option. Either model is not cheap and your decision shouldn't be made on the availability of a dealer near you, but rather what ultimately satisfies you with each rig.

Regardless of choice, keep us updated.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12