Will impeachment cause a big drop in the market

Please don’t make this political, I’m simply wondering. If the president gets impeached will ther be a significant pull back in the market? Like say 2000 point or more? Is it time to back out for a bit?

First of all, the President was impeached (aka: officially charged with wrong doing by the House) and no the market did not drop like a rock. Who knows if the market will drop if he's found guilty by the Senate, of the charges filed by Congress. I do know the news reports / experts said that gas prices were going to jump after the US killed the Iraqi General a few weeks back. My Kids and I watched the local gas prices for the next week or so and the price of a gallon of gas didn't change at all. Who knows what will happen. It's been my experience the best thing to do is not over react based on news and fears.
    Last edited by LennyB; 01-29-2020 at 02:19 PM.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    He was impeached. If he's removed maybe we get a sell off, no way of knowing. I wouldn't make any investment decisions based on this impeachment trial. I would wait to see what the next election brings us.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    ^ Agreed.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    He was impeached. If he's removed maybe we get a sell off, no way of knowing. I wouldn't make any investment decisions based on this impeachment trial. I would wait to see what the next election brings us.
    Agreed but....... Look for some major market selloffs before the election. Wall Street wants Trump out and they will crash this market just to panic voters. Sorry if this is political, but this is how those rat bastards work.

6. Banned

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    Agreed but....... Look for some major market selloffs before the election. Wall Street wants Trump out and they will crash this market just to panic voters. Sorry if this is political, but this is how those rat bastards work.
    I think they want the opposite. BS or EW will crash the market.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    I think they want the opposite. BS or EW will crash the market.
    Yeah, I agree with that