Thread: VR Bearings

VR Bearings

Anyone on here use the Hegehog VR half open SS bearings? I use them and think they are really great, but on another site a guy referred to them as "economy bearings". Really?

2. Member
    I assume you mean ZR?

In that case, yes they are great bang for your buck bearings. I prefer them to Boca or cheap Chinese crap. The ZPI bearings are also great as well.

3. Member
    I think you mean ZR. They are a solid quality bearing. They are an "economy" bearing relative to aftermarket bearings. Not a bad thing. Inexpensive, but a great performer.

Yes, they are a high end Japanese stainless steel bearing, and when compared to high end ceramic hybrid Japanese bearings, they are considered an "economy" choice. "Economy" in this sense isn't "cheap" or "poor quality" by any stretch of the imagination. The Hedgehog Studio ZR Bearings are extremely high quality and perform beautifully. They are more quiet than their higher cost, high quality hybrid ceramic counterparts manufactured by either Hedgehog Studio or ZPI, and they offer impressive performance at what is an affordable cost in my opinion.

5. Member
    Thanks guys. Brain failure, yes ZR, Geez.