Mercury Service Recommendation

Hello,
    I知 looking for someplace to get annual service done on my Mercury Optimax 150. I知 in Yorktown and used Nansemond Marine is Suffolk before but apparently their mechanic doesn稚 work in the cold. Anybody have a recommendation? I知 looking for a new water pump, fuel filter and lower unit oil change.

TIA,
    Mike

2. Member
    Richmond Marine Center in Chester. Ben, and his crew are top notch! They are probably about 45 minutes or so, from Yorktown, and absolutely worth the short drive.
    2000 Ranger R93VS
    2003 Mercury Optimax

3. Member
    Robert Patterson of Propeller Dynamics offers outboard maintenance now. Great guy to do business with and very knowledgeable.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. Both of those places are over an hour away. I would prefer someplace closer, but if there aren’t any options around here then I’ll have to check one of them out.

5. Member
    Tomahund marine off rt. 5

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Another vote for Robbie Patterson. He has a master Mercury mechanic working for him, as well as certified Yamaha mechanic. I have known Robbie for years and will be taking my boat to him! .....it is a 2 hour drive for me and well worth it!
    Last edited by Lea; 02-02-2020 at 05:32 PM.

7. Member
    I just took mine to Robbie in Hopewell last week. Got it done quick and they keep the boats inside so no hassling with the cover!

8. Member
    Yes, Robbie in Hopewell!

9. Member
    Robbie is the only 1 to ever do prop work or jp adjustment on my boats. Now that he is doing outboard service I see no need to go anywhere else.

10. Member
    Drove by his place in Hopewell, man, he's right in Hopewell. He's got a big shop and a really nice parking area out front, paved. I didn't bug him, they looked really busy. I wonder if some of the Sanderson people/employees went with him after Lee retired?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp