Installed battery gauge on my boat.

I decided to add the same battery gauge to my 2018 FX21LE as the new Apex has. It’s a dual volt 12V/36v battery gauge. It cost me $119. I installed mine near the dash where it looks better, to me, than near the plug in. It took me about 4 hours to complete. I had to extend the wires that came with it by 4 feet due to where I mounted it. I verified the exact voltage with my fluke multimeter for the trolling and starting batteries. No loss of voltage at all. There is an app that gives you more details about the batteries. It’s cool. I can check the battery level in the house. Now, I know the trolling motor level with the gauge and the real voltage at the battery for the starter in case I run graphs all day. It looks like a factory install.

Last edited by eds; 01-29-2020 at 12:52 AM.

2. Member
    Sweet!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

3. Member
    I was thinking about installing the same gauge on my 2015 ZX 250. Does the gauge stay on all the time? Or is it on a switch?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I was thinking about installing the same gauge on my 2015 ZX 250. Does the gauge stay on all the time? Or is it on a switch?
    Hell yeah! And where’d ya get it?

5. Member
    Looks like a sweet answer to alot of battery trouble.
    Great install, thanks for posting that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    Hell yeah! And where’d ya get it?
    I think this is the one

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/duabfgw...oaAsM0EALw_wcB
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

7. Member
    Check out batterystuff.com. Looks like you can get a gauge for wireless monitoring your batteries. Good luck.
    Wes

8. Member
    Follow up...

The voltage on the gauge is exactly the voltage from my multimeter. However, the trolling motor batteries would not charge to 100% according to the gauge. I checked the three batteries separately, and sure enough, one battery was only charging to 11.9V max. I added water, and it has been charging full ever since. The gauge actually found my battery issue! So cool.

I've been wanting to get one of these, only reason I have not is apparently they have separate versions for Lead Acid/AGM and Lithium - likely going lithium soon so might as well wait until that's done.