Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Looks like a sweet build! I am always jealous of how handy some people are. I am curious if you feel like they get in the way at all when you are fishing or catch a fish on that side? Or just something to get used to?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmastermatt View Post
    Looks like a sweet build! I am always jealous of how handy some people are. I am curious if you feel like they get in the way at all when you are fishing or catch a fish on that side? Or just something to get used to?
    Thanks. It's always a little intimidating to me trying to make things. Took a few tries making patterns out of plywood, and talking to guys who actually work with the materials to get things right. In the end, all you can do is take a shot at it and see how it turns out.

They do take up some room on the deck. I am used to fishing out of a boat with higher gunwhales, so the height of the organizer doesn't seem to be an issue. They are below the casting line, but I still have to pay attention. I don't usually catch fish big enough to need a net, and flipping them up on the deck is still pretty easy. I guess to answer your question, it's a getting used to it kind of thing.

3. Member
    Cool build but why can’t you just put the rods butt end towards the bow and tips next to windshield them strap them down? Thats what I do in my Coral 202. Usually have 5-8 baitcasters starboard side and 3-5 spin rods on the port side.
    Last edited by Idaho Sandman; 02-25-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

4. Member
    Ranger Rod, I was thinking about doing the same thing as you - did you think about putting rod tubes in the holes?

was going to get a couple of these and cut them down to the right size: https://www.amazon.com/Player-Suprem.../dp/B01M35G3SS
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

5. Member
    I think tubes would give you the same problem as the guys complain about in their rod lockers.
    I can potentially squeeze quite a few rods in there. Would only be able to get maybe 3 tubes in. Plus this goes into the passenger area. Not sure how you could support tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowedin3 View Post
    Ranger Rod, I was thinking about doing the same thing as you - did you think about putting rod tubes in the holes?

was going to get a couple of these and cut them down to the right size: https://www.amazon.com/Player-Suprem.../dp/B01M35G3SS
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

6. Member
    I don't need anything like this, but you have a great idea, I suggest you apply for a patent immediately, or the next time you see this it will have Rapala, Strike King or some other company logo stamped on it. And you will be saying "hey wait a f****** minute that was my idea. You are obviously very talented don't let it go un-rewarded!
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12