Software update for HDS/Elite for ghost

Just talked to a lowrance rep and i was told that now we are looking at early February for the update to be able to auto pilot our ghost trolling motors with the head units. I was first told by the end of January. This is beyond annoying now that this feature didn't come working when the trolling motor shipped. But for everyone waiting i wanted to let everyone know it will be a little longer of a wait.

2. Member
    Hmm, humans are funny. I see all the bellyaching about this but for some reason it just doesn't bug me. It will get here when it gets here. I guess I got to many other things to worry about. Thanks for the update though.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dshepard View Post
    Just talked to a lowrance rep and i was told that now we are looking at early February for the update to be able to auto pilot our ghost trolling motors with the head units. I was first told by the end of January. This is beyond annoying now that this feature didn't come working when the trolling motor shipped. But for everyone waiting i wanted to let everyone know it will be a little longer of a wait.
    This is for Carbon or just Elite?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    I have the elite but when i asked he responded by grouping them together. Made it seem like it would be the same update

5. Member
    Set your expectations a little lower, Look for the update in June 2020. Any earlier and you will just be pleasantly surprised... There are still additional nosecone modules coming out for the ghost so don't expect the software before the new nosecones come out...

6. Banned
    Nobody forced you to take the gamble on a just introduced product.

7. Member
    Maybe its just me, but when someone advertises that their product will do this, that and the other it should do those things when you buy it. Now if they had said we are working on those things and they will be available soon, that's a different story. Like I said it may just be me, but when a manufacturer claims the product will do something, then it should do it when purchased as its advertised.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jav400SDC View Post
    Maybe its just me, but when someone advertises that their product will do this, that and the other it should do those things when you buy it. Now if they had said we are working on those things and they will be available soon, that's a different story. Like I said it may just be me, but when a manufacturer claims the product will do something, then it should do it when purchased as its advertised.
    It does do exactly what the claim and the new features are available soon. Did you see anything else where it is available now?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    It does do exactly what the claim and the new features are available soon. Did you see anything else where it is available now?
    Yes on their website it specifically says seamless integration "complete touch screen control" with HDS, Carbon, Elite displays. So yes they advertise that it will work properly right now if you buy it. And that is why people are getting upset bc it doesn't say will eventually have these features it states its built in with it currently.

Yes on their website it specifically says seamless integration "complete touch screen control" with HDS, Carbon, Elite displays. So yes they advertise that it will work properly right now if you buy it. And that is why people are getting upset bc it doesn't say will eventually have these features it states its built in with it currently.
    Agreed
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Banned
    Welp, I have zero issues with my ghost, I’m glad they are out for use. Guess I can’t understand the complaining over something that obviously isn’t perfect yet, there’s a reason why the update hasn’t been released. What brand exactly do you guys think you would have bought instead of the ghost?

12. Member
    I was intrigued by this so I got on Lowrance website. They are not false advertising anything!!

Right there on their website they say: "A software upgrade (verison 19.3) that enables touchscreen control of the Lowrance Ghost trolling motor from HDS LIVE, HDS Carbon and Elite TiČ displays has been delayed. The software is expected to be released in February. Continue to visit this page, as well as Lowrance Facebook, for updates." Here is a screenshot...

P.S.: They also have a disclaimer on the performance: "
    Disclaimer: All claims made on Ghost capabilities are based on internal testing results undertaken against market leading trolling motors as at June 2019"
    lowranceupgrade.jpg

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I was intrigued by this so I got on Lowrance website. They are not false advertising anything!!

Right there on their website they say: "A software upgrade (verison 19.3) that enables touchscreen control of the Lowrance Ghost trolling motor from HDS LIVE, HDS Carbon and Elite TiČ displays has been delayed. The software is expected to be released in February. Continue to visit this page, as well as Lowrance Facebook, for updates." Here is a screenshot...

P.S.: They also have a disclaimer on the performance: "
    Disclaimer: All claims made on Ghost capabilities are based on internal testing results undertaken against market leading trolling motors as at June 2019"
    lowranceupgrade.jpg
    That was just recently added. It wasn't on there a couple of weeks ago when I was researching a replacement trolling motor for my boat. I have decided on the Ghost whether it works now or not, but a cpl weeks ago it stated just what the others posted, no disclaimer at all.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

14. Member
    That was just recently added. It wasn't on there a couple of weeks ago when I was researching a replacement trolling motor for my boat. I have decided on the Ghost whether it works now or not, but a cpl weeks ago it stated just what the others posted, no disclaimer at all.
    Maybe they are going to release it on Feb 30, 2020! It's going to be interesting if this is just a software update for the HDS units or if the Ghost needs an update as well and how easy all that will be.

15. Member
    The phone must been a ringing by some not so happy customers lol, your correct they just added that lately. Hope for April,Plan on June, released in July....Its the "Lowrance way" lol.

16. Member
    True that, Im sure it was too lol....Talon was the same way when they came out with the new BT talons saying how well they worked with the app, but there was no app out. Eventually they finished the app and it does work good. Im on my second pair of them after selling my iClass and moved to a Phoenix.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo