Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I fish Kentucky lake most of the time. One advantage to my bullet is the way it handles rough water. Bever taken a wave over the bow. My past sleds were a different story. I agree with Lee...the width of the front never bothered me until I started crappie fishing. We do spider rig though...not a lot, most of the time I'm up on the front by myself.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyG.Mo View Post
    Personally no, coming from boats with wider decks, I don’t see and advantage. The only thing I would like is a deck extension over the step down. When I fish with another person, we both fish up front and never found the deck width an issue. Just my opinion.
    I put up a post on this very subject, I wanted anybody’s ideas on extending my 20xd front deck.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    I put up a post on this very subject, I wanted anybody’s ideas on extending my 20xd front deck.
    I posted about it a while back as well, I wish Bullet would make an insert or something, I bet they would sell a lot of them.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

4. Member
    I think leave Bullet design alone in my opinion. Its a Bullet! I have owned Bullets for over 20 years and never taken a wave over the front deck. Apparently I don't fish in waves as big as others. I thought I had been in some pretty big waves. I thought the nose of a Bullet sits up higher than most other boats while fishing.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyG.Mo View Post
    I posted about it a while back as well, I wish Bullet would make an insert or something, I bet they would sell a lot of them.
    I totally agree, I’d buy one.

6. Member
    Maybe this needs suggested to Bullet, seems like a lot of interest. I know they have other models without the step but I really like the XD/XRD model best. As far as a wider deck, if you changed the width it kinda wouldn’t be a bullet anymore. I have never had water come over the bow of mine but I’m sure I will eventually. That has happened to every boat I’ve ever owned so far, I had a pro craft 210, which is a monster in the front, that I had water wash almost to the consoles over the bow when a big water patrol boat ran up to the point I was fishing and shut down hard.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

7. Member
    The water over the bow is wave spacing more than wave height or at the very least a combination. 99% of lake the 22' can span the crest when fishing. Occasionally though, when it doesn't, the bow is pushed down by rise of the stern going over the previous wave and there is not much you can do if the timing isn't right when the next one comes rolling. In those conditions, it is probably better to have a 19' boat which would then allow the previous wave to clear the stern. It is not common, but there are situations where longer is not better.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I don’t have a problem with width. I love the long decks on a Bullet. Most of my partners fish the back deck so it’s not an issue anyways. I’m 6’2” 250ish and with a partner up front with a few rods on deck takes up some space. I love the long sleek look. The length allows for plenty of room though.

Time to cut back on the doughnuts!!! LOL!!
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Time to cut back on the doughnuts!!! LOL!!
    I reckon! Means I need more fishing time to work it off!!!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    I wish they would build it.

11. Member
    I guess if I wanted to fish out of a wide deck boat I'd buy something other than a Bullet. I like my "skinny" boat like it is.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Quote Originally Posted by tlt20xd View Post
    I guess if I wanted to fish out of a wide deck boat I'd buy something other than a Bullet. I like my "skinny" boat like it is.
    The way I feel. Love the long sleek look of a beautiful Bullet. The decks are like aircraft carriers. If I wanted a tug boat, I’d buy a Ranger.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12