Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wide Front Deck Bullet

Who would like to see a wider front deck Bullet model? I have owned my boat for 9 years and it had never crossed my mind until I started crappie fishing. My partner and I stand side by side an its a little tight. I have also seen guys move to Phoenix, Ranger.....etc. and can't think of any other reason to switch.

2. Member
    Personally no, coming from boats with wider decks, I don’t see and advantage. The only thing I would like is a deck extension over the step down. When I fish with another person, we both fish up front and never found the deck width an issue. Just my opinion.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

3. Member
    Not me, but I'm also just under 6' and 184lbs so got plenty of room and anyone that fishes with me is in the back. What I'd like to see from Bullet is a walleye boat. That would be sweet.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

4. Banned
    I came back to Bullet from a Stratos 210 Champion Elite. The only time I noticed it being narrower is when my brother fishes with me. He's a big guy, so I put the butt seat on the back deck, that gives us plenty of room to move around... Plus, after a half day standing and fishing he'll move to the back deck so he has something to lean against... Have you tried removing the butt seat???... Dan

Pretty sure my 22SF has a wider deck. Only thing is it does not come with pedestal seat hole. No gunnels either. But it seems much wider than my 21XRD i owned for 10 years.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyG.Mo View Post
    Personally no, coming from boats with wider decks, I don’t see and advantage. The only thing I would like is a deck extension over the step down. When I fish with another person, we both fish up front and never found the deck width an issue. Just my opinion.
    Love this idea. I’ve had wider and don’t see any or much benefit. See negatives actually in speed and ride.

But would LOVE to see a deck extension and may consider fabbing something one day.

7. Member
    No , I would not want to see Bullet turn into just another cookie cutter bass boat . Bullet is a performance bass fishing hull if you want everything that a Ranger has just get one , I would hate to see a Bullet turn into a 1900 lb hull with a Bullet decal on the side.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I don’t have a problem with width. I love the long decks on a Bullet. Most of my partners fish the back deck so it’s not an issue anyways. I’m 6’2” 250ish and with a partner up front with a few rods on deck takes up some space. I love the long sleek look. The length allows for plenty of room though.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Member
    I think the only time a wider front deck would be better is if you are fishing specific targets, if you are fishing down a shoreline two anglers can easily fit up front. I think with the wider front deck you lose speed, handling and ride. Bullet boats just look like a missile, only been in mine a couple of times but so far I am very impressed.

10. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    yes...….I'm 6'-3" and my feet sit on the gunnel when standing against my pro pole...……….but, being narrow is the reason they are so awesome so I am good with how they are overall
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

11. Member
    Front deck width is fine until you get a bunch of rods up there. I'm used to it now.

I wish they would build a boat that fishes as well as others when it is rough. Ultrex helped a ton with getting blown around, but waves coming over the front deck gets old in a hurry. I didn't realize how bad it was until I sat side by side with a buddy on a point last year and took every other wave over the front while none came over the deck of his Phoenix 721. It cost me a cell phone.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    Front deck width is fine until you get a bunch of rods up there. I'm used to it now.

I wish they would build a boat that fishes as well as others when it is rough. Ultrex helped a ton with getting blown around, but waves coming over the front deck gets old in a hurry. I didn't realize how bad it was until I sat side by side with a buddy on a point last year and took every other wave over the front while none came over the deck of his Phoenix 721. It cost me a cell phone.
    Interesting because I have never taken one over the bow of my 21xdc. Now if it gets rough I tend to stand behind seat base and let the ultrex do its thing. I had a Basscat Puma which was an amazing boat in its on right, but holy cow that thing took waves over the front while fishing.

I’ve never took one over the bow with my Bullet either, but my Stratos was a different story.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Interesting because I have never taken one over the bow of my 21xdc. Now if it gets rough I tend to stand behind seat base and let the ultrex do its thing. I had a Basscat Puma which was an amazing boat in its on right, but holy cow that thing took waves over the front while fishing.
    It was an issue in my 21XD and is an issue in my XRS. I had my center box on my 21XD full with water flush with the step once from taking waves over the front. Maybe I just fish rougher water than most. If the ultrex will hold and that is where the fish are I will sit out there in it.

15. Member

I fish out in turned up water never had an issue with water over the bow that was any different than other brand I been on , you might want to try floatation in your jack plate to help hold the bow down , I suspect the bow was going up high and crashing down then water rolling over ?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

16. Member
    It was an issue in my 21XD and is an issue in my XRS. I had my center box on my 21XD full with water flush with the step once from taking waves over the front. Maybe I just fish rougher water than most. If the ultrex will hold and that is where the fish are I will sit out there in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I’ve never took one over the bow with my Bullet either, but my Stratos was a different story.
    ever been on Saint Claire ?
    took waves over front and back in my buddies 21. xd.
    that trip caused my back surgery not waves but lifting
    tackle bag out of truck
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

18. Member
    Never had a problem with width but I’m in on the XD extension. When my youngest son is on the front fishing with me, it makes me a nervous wreck that when he lands a fish he is going to forget or get excited then fall off into step area and get hurt. It would be nice to have a removable/flip up extension allowing center compartment access yet covering the step area when desired.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKER2702 View Post
    ever been on Saint Claire ?
    took waves over front and back in my buddies 21. xd.
    that trip caused my back surgery not waves but lifting
    tackle bag out of truck
    Never been on that one

20. Member
    That is weird, the boat rides like a champ in the rough stuff but takes waves over the bow while fishing the rough stuff. I doubt I ever experience anything like that, if its that rough i am heading to the casa or a protected bank or cove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast