Zx200 vs Pantera classic

Wondering if anyone had any experience with both boats? In the market for a new one and these two are the two I’m choosing between. Pricing is similar and size is similar. I’ve owned both brands and had no complaints on the build quality on either brand. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    I HAD A LYNX, NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, LEMON

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lfadaol View Post
    I HAD A LYNX, NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, LEMON
    I HAD A SKEETER ONCE. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, LEMON!!!

4. Member
    Ok.....but why the yelling?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTaco View Post
    Wondering if anyone had any experience with both boats? In the market for a new one and these two are the two I’m choosing between. Pricing is similar and size is similar. I’ve owned both brands and had no complaints on the build quality on either brand. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Thats a tough choice as I like both brands. I would pick whichever one has the better layout for you. Do you want a Sho or ProXS?

6. Member
    Both brands are nice. I agree with the layout mentioned above. Whichever is better. That said, something I feel is more important is the motor. Yamaha is tested and true, where as, the Merc is pretty new to the market and unproven. That's not to say it's not a great engine, there just hasn't been enough time to thoroughly say so. TO play devils advocate on that, I know a lot of people with them and they haven't had a problem one.

The ONLY bad thing I have heard about them is the amount of time it takes to even get into one of the engines to maintain it. Again, just hear say from a few mechanics. This could be hard on your wallet down the line if non-warrantied maintenance is ever needed.

Hard to go wrong with either. Two of the best brands going. ALL brands kick out a lemon or two from time to time. Not sure why it triggers folks so much when someone has an issue with the same brand boat they own or they are not a fan of the brand boat that person owns. Its like some take it personal. There is no one size fits all for everyone. Different strokes.

8. Member
    I would think about which dealership has better service and especially customer service!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I would think about which dealership has better service and especially customer service!
    Well, about this, the same dealer sells both of them lol. Obviously I’m happy with the service I received from them in the past.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theolbug View Post
    Both brands are nice. I agree with the layout mentioned above. Whichever is better. That said, something I feel is more important is the motor. Yamaha is tested and true, where as, the Merc is pretty new to the market and unproven. That's not to say it's not a great engine, there just hasn't been enough time to thoroughly say so. TO play devils advocate on that, I know a lot of people with them and they haven't had a problem one.

The ONLY bad thing I have heard about them is the amount of time it takes to even get into one of the engines to maintain it. Again, just hear say from a few mechanics. This could be hard on your wallet down the line if non-warrantied maintenance is ever needed.
    I definitely agree with this statement. I’ve heard nothing but good things from guys I know with the new mercury but I’ve owned a skeeter zx250 before with the 250 SHO. Only boat I can honestly say I had as much confidence in as my truck cranking and running smooth.

11. Member
    They are both good models. And sporty for what they are. The classic obviously has a different layout on it but if that suits you that’s a plus. Bass cat builds a great boat and customer service is awesome as well. Skeeter is well known too. Good luck with your search!

12. Member
    g
    e
    t

b
    o
    t
    h

13. Member
    Bass Cat definitely has some funky compartment configurations on the front deck but I like both boats.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    g
    e
    t

b
    o
    t
    h

This guy gets it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theolbug View Post
    This guy gets it.
    If I had that kind of money I would get a FXR20....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTaco View Post
    If I had that kind of money I would get a FXR20....
    You and me both

OP, I looked at both of the boats you mentioned before buying. The Classic just felt small and narrow to me and I honestly didn’t really care for the layout. I know prices vary but I was able to purchase the ZX with an Ultrex for a few thousand less. That was the nail in the coffin.
    USMC Vet!