Boat Carpet Repair . . . Finally !

Posted this in General Forum also part of an email sent to my dealer who's a great guy as well :

As many of you know vandals in Michigan this last summer poured something all over my front deck dissolving the carpet glue. Quite a mess for a new Triton 189TRX ! I ran across some great folks and have no dog in the hunt but thought I would share in the event anyone else needs repair work. The following is from any email sent to my dealer who's a great guy himself. . .

Also, as you know I had to have the front deck of my boat redone after vandals poured something all over the front deck dissolving the carpet glue. After securing a quote from vendor in Boro in excess of $2000 and insisting on doing the entire boat, shopped around and quite by accident ran into someone who did it for me.

Our friend Don has a Phoenix and we stopped into his dealer out in Tullahoma, Gilliam Marine 578 Cook Road (931-461-3230). We mentioned we were looking for a carpet repair place and they advised they did carpet work and were in fact working on one at that time. Long story short they replaced mine, matched the color perfectly, cost 1/3 of other bid, added padding and had it done in less than a week. Very nice folks. Small dealership, manager/owner a young woman. Highly, highly recommend these people. Did a super great job.
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"

That's a good price! Sucks about vandals doing something like that.