Thread: coronavirus

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

coronavirus

Anybody else a little concerned China is not telling us all there is to know about the outbreak?

2. Member
    Crazy situation for sure. Already confirmed cases here in the US by people coming back from China. I guess people have to travel there for business but it seems stupid to me to allow people to go somewhere that they could potentially bring back something that can kill thousands of people.

3. Member
    No more than I was about Ebola.

4. Member
    Wasn't the last plague in like 1920?
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Anybody else a little concerned China is not telling us all there is to know about the outbreak?
    Oh I am sure the CDC knows more than they are letting on. Saw the pic online of all the excavators digging a new 1000 bed hospital to be open in 5 days in China. Made no sense all those large trackhoes piled on top of each other- totally a photo op and nothing more.

We have a travel ban to China and I'm ok with that.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

I read a story the other day that said China 90,000 infected and they're only reporting about 2,000. Scary if it's true.

8. Member
    Don’t trust anything the leaders of China say.

9. Member
    Weird, they are building a new larger hospital in record speed in the city that is at the center in China. Too late to stop spread to other countries. What ever it is has crossed boarders.

I fear it's much worse than most here understand. Could be worse than ebola, hard to believe what comes from China but I suspect it's worse than they're letting on.

12. Member
    not really concerned more just a bad cold if you read what there telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by IBHUFFY View Post
    All you need now is Lime Disease......

14. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Crazy situation for sure. Already confirmed cases here in the US by people coming back from China. I guess people have to travel there for business but it seems stupid to me to allow people to go somewhere that they could potentially bring back something that can kill thousands of people.
    A lot of people were already over there before the word got spread.

Had a friend who was on a flight over the weekend, someone noticed a guy (of chinese decent) on the flight who was sick. Upon search he was found to have meds which had a clear marking on the top "Do Not Fly". After being held on the plane for a few hours it was determined he did not have this virus. Just a little scary....
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Yep, the Corona virus is what causes the common cold. Obviously this strain is much worse. Seems like the ones that are really getting sick from it are the weak and elderly. I don't think we are getting the full truth though. You don't cut off access to a large city because of a hundred cases. They literally brought in dump trucks and covered up the road so people couldn't travel into and out of the city. One thing that does seem scary is that this is spreading much quicker than Ebola did. With Ebola, only a few cases came into the United States and were quickly guaranteed. Seems like it is happening much quicker here. Not sure if the actual disease is any worse than the flu though.

16. Member
    They are saying it will live on surfaces for 2-3 weeks. Are we stopping shipments coming from China?

17. Banned
    My company has issued a statement there is to be no travel to China until further notice... so yea.. just lovely...

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post

True... People who should be careful are people who are young and the old, people who are all ready have a weak immune system. One problem is it may take a year to get a vaccine for it.

19. Member
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...linked-chines/

This is what may be of concern. But may just be coincidence.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Yep, the Corona virus is what causes the common cold. Obviously this strain is much worse. Seems like the ones that are really getting sick from it are the weak and elderly. I don't think we are getting the full truth though. You don't cut off access to a large city because of a hundred cases. They literally brought in dump trucks and covered up the road so people couldn't travel into and out of the city. One thing that does seem scary is that this is spreading much quicker than Ebola did. With Ebola, only a few cases came into the United States and were quickly guaranteed. Seems like it is happening much quicker here. Not sure if the actual disease is any worse than the flu though.

That is scary part, blocking random shit off.

Pretty neat how they are going to build the hospital in a week. I read today its going to be a 2 story building and the plans/details should be showing shortly.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast