Power Block @ Bow of RT188

Ok, I’m a total rookie when comes to rigging electronics so looking for some basic info please. I’m installing the GPS heading sensor for my Ultrex and want to connect it to my pre-rigged block under the bow. Which connectors should I use, I have a red wire and black wire coming from my sensor? According to my owners manual the + and - appear to be just opposite of what my actual block is. I assume I just hook the red wire to same area all other reds are and black to same as all other blacks. It’s a 2018 Ranger RT188 ....Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    You're right, just hook the red (positive) wire to the side of the block with the red wires and the black (ground) to the side with the black wires.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

3. Member
    I hooked mine up to a block under the dash and put the compass in a corner in front of the dash. Red on the positive side and black ground or negative.

4. Member
    Thanks gents. How do you determine which post on the block is positive and which is negative? IM thinking just putting mine in the cup holder up front. Never use it any way and I have a black plastic piece from some-sort of hvac system that fits perfect in there.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AObuk442 View Post
    Thanks gents. How do you determine which post on the block is positive and which is negative? IM thinking just putting mine in the cup holder up front. Never use it any way and I have a black plastic piece from some-sort of hvac system that fits perfect in there.
    I used a multimeter

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AObuk442 View Post
    use a multimeter. my puck is mounted along the rail behind the driver seat. Gets power when I turn the main power breaker on.