Rock Auto Spark Plugs

2B115186

Has anyone else ever order their plugs through rockauto? Just wondering if there is anything to be concerned about since they're dirt cheap. My plugs were around $9 compared to $19 on other websites. I can't understand how they're making money or I can't believe how much margin other companies have. Just has me skeptical.
    Last edited by potomacbassin; 01-28-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

They sell alot of stuff, probably buy it in huge bulk cheap. I use them when I can.

3. Member

Why the spark plugs are cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    BUJ51717L415

Has anyone else ever order their plugs through rockauto? Just wondering if there is anything to be concerned about since they're dirt cheap. My plugs were around $9 compared to $19 on other websites. I can't understand how they're making money or I can't believe how much margin other companies have. Just has me skeptical.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gillfish View Post
    +1

Also, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting (also to make sure your post is in keeping with the Announcements). Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Dangit.. I put my hull # instead of motor. I copied and pasted from the wrong row.
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1

Also, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting (also to make sure your post is in keeping with the Announcements). Thanks!
    Last edited by potomacbassin; 01-28-2020 at 09:35 AM.

2B115186

This is something that I do have a little knowledge of, and I wont buy anything from Rock Auto for several reasons, the big one being I have no confidence in that they are not selling a lot of counterfeit parts to maintain profit margins. Rock does not have the purchasing power that NAPA does world wide and I do have some knowledge though limited of what Napa margins are
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Member
    Cool. Well I just got legit plugs from rock auto for a good deal but will be skeptical in the future. They saved me a bunch of money this year.

8. Member
    Personally I've never had any issues with rockauto for automotive parts. I've spent over $1k in the past six months and have used them for years. Anytime I needed to contact customer service never had any problems.

9. Member
    I have used them off and on for a several years. Once a generic ball joint was in a MOOG box. I called them on it and had a new one in a couple days. The other 3 boxes all had MOOG in the box. I did uppers and lowers on my truck. That was the only issue and they made it right.

10. Scraps
    Cool. Well I just got legit plugs from rock auto for a good deal but will be skeptical in the future. They saved me a bunch of money this year.
    Ordered plugs from them last year and had no issues. Have ordered other stuff from Rock with no issues.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-06-2020 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Announcements
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD