PP Charge and Lithium Batteries

I have lithium batteries in my boat. Lithium Pro 110 for starting, and three Ionic 50s for the trolling motor. I recently purchased a PP Charge system. PP told me to keep the system pluged in all the time. It goes into a trickle charge mode once the batteries are full state. Is there an issue with keeping them on charge full time? How will it affect them long term? Thanks.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

2. Member
    I would hope power pole would know. In general, no lithium needs a trickle charge. If the voltage is 13.4 or under there will be no harm done. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 01-29-2020 at 06:40 PM. Reason: pro 2 pole
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I would assume that it would go into a standby mode and only go into a maintenance mode or trickle trickle charge periodically where it would read the battery voltage and only charge if necessary, if it kept a constant trickle and was running all lithium I would not leave it plugin in, maybe we can get more info on how the charging profile works on the PP CHARGE
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    You will want to keep the charge plugged in at all times, it will go into a maintenance mode as Andy suspected. The Charge will apply power once the lithium battery goes below it's resting voltage.

It'll generally charge a lithium a little over 14 volts then once it gets everything balanced out it will not apply any power to the batteries unless something is drawing power and it sees the battery is losing voltage below it's resting state.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Kevin thanks for the confirmation on that, getting ready to ship another set of Ionics to one of your PP Charger customers
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Kevin thanks for the confirmation on that, getting ready to ship another set of Ionics to one of your PP Charger customers
    Soon I will be a Ionic/ PP Charge person myself.. hope to get with you for my Ionics beginning of April.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Sounds Great,look forward to sending some Ionic's your way
    info@drewcraft.com

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Look forward to getting them