Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    see the two boxes stacked together with green wires going to coils and red and blue wires coming from stator , they supply voltage to coils
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Ah ok. And those need to be replaced together...correct? And is there a way to test them
    Last edited by Yamaharacer; 03-03-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    1999 Blazer 202 pro v 200 mercury efi

3. Member
    is best too , need to test for spark them eliminate problem by testing stator trigger coils wirring , if ya got voltage going in and none coming out bad box = DVA TEST from manual when problem is occurring ,good luck JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Thanks for all the help guys. Maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to look at it.

And something I forgot to mention but I checked the battery while running with a multi meter and it would read 12.3-12.4 then 0 then 12.3 again. It wasnt a constant 12 it would come and go back and forth

6. Member
    Did you check it at the battery, on the Terminals? If so, that is not good. Should normally be over 13v when running.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

Yes, at battery on terminals. But when running and I give it gas the volts gauge on dash reads over 13. And even at Ann idle the gauge reads right around 13 or just under. But at idle and using my meter reader it does what I posted above
    Last edited by Yamaharacer; 03-04-2020 at 06:57 PM.

8. Member
    Guys mine was doing the exact same thing, i realized that the fuel/water separator hadnt been changed since like 2015 when i had a new powerhead installed so i changed it out and i couldnt believe what i saw caked up in the old one...it looked like red clay and small rocks in the bottom and I banged it on the concrete and chunks of red silt fell out...also rebuilt the pulse pump and she ran fine after that, jumped up on plane everytime with no hesitation. NOW im having trouble with the primer bulb losing pressure, I read somewhere that there is a one way valve that goes out and will allow the fuel to drain back down in the tank, Once I pump it up firm it will run fine until i stop somewhere and fish for 30 40 minutes then i will usually have to reach back and pump it up again.

Finally got a chance to go to lake yesterday and the boat still won't even begin to get I plane. Doesn't even raise the nose up but if it's in neutral it seemed to rev up alright but still idled a little rough. I changed plugs and the fuel water separator and filled it up with fresh ethanol free gas.

10. Member
    monitor fuel psi and test voltage at coils when problem is occurring and BIAS SYSTEM in swithboxes

Ok so if youre looking at back of boat standing on ground the left side is not firing. I started it and pulled the plug wires and there was a noticable diff in rpm when I pulled right side but no diff when I pulled any of the 3 on the left side.

So I checked the red and red white and the blue wires with a multimeter at the switchboard. The one on the back side closest to motor was reading .06 and the one on the outside was reading .2-.23

13. Member
    test is between red and blue/red white blue white should read close to same then red and grnd /red white and grnd should read close to same all 4 wires disconnected

Looks like it was the switchboxes I replaced them and now I have fire on both sides. I'll kno for sure Sunday if I get to takeit out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12