Hales Bar Marina Area

Hey TN dudes, I am from MO and debating vacationing at Hale’s Bar Marina this year. What’s the fishing like? What’s the river/water conditions like? How far is this area from Chattanooga? I’ll be bringing my own boat so rentals aren’t needed. Any help/advice is appreciated.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

2. Member
    I'm a north GA dude, but have fished Nickajack often over the years. At Hales Bar, you are on the lower end of Nickajack between Chickamauga and Guntersville. Nickajack is mostly a river fishery except for the area just down from Hale's Bar, past the bridges, where it turns into somewhat of a lake. It fishes like a river with current being important. It has a lot of grass later in the year, when the current allows it to grow and matte up. The drive on the water back toward Chattanooga is beautiful up the gorge of the river. It's 40 miles or so back to Chick dam. Be sure to stay in the channel without a correct map card and be VERY CAREFUL if you go under the bridges all the way to the dam. There is a rock pile between the railroad bridge and the dam that you can't see if the water is moving, but can destroy a boat and motor. Life jacket required for being between the RR bridge and the dam. By vehicle, you are less than 30 minutes away from most everything in Chattanooga. Lots to see and do in 'nooga. You can Google that. Any other questions, just ask.