..:: Livescope Losing Transducer Connection When Starting Boat ::..

Sometimes when I start my boat my Garmin Echomap Ultra will beep and display and error message that the unit lost connection with transducer. After about 30 seconds it will reconnect on its own and work fine.

Any idea as to the root cause of this? Is my battery getting too low?

2. Member
    Sounds like to much voltage drop at startup causing the livescope to restart. How old is your battery? Check the battery post connections and make sure all is tight?

3. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Your wiring is not adequate to handle the power required for the LiveScope system. You cannot use the in boat wiring in MOST boats as the wire is too light a gauge to handle the high current draw of the LS. 10 gauge wire at a minimum is needed to the LS unit from the battery for runs over 10' or so. Make sure you install a breaker inline with the wire (10 amp is adequate).

There are few boats that have heavy enough wiring to the front of the boat to handle the almost 5 amp draw of the LS. Newer Phoenix's (2018/19/20) do but most others do not.

Roy
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    Your wiring is not adequate to handle the power required for the LiveScope system. You cannot use the in boat wiring in MOST boats as the wire is too light a gauge to handle the high current draw of the LS. 10 gauge wire at a minimum is needed to the LS unit from the battery for runs over 10' or so. Make sure you install a breaker inline with the wire (10 amp is adequate).

There are few boats that have heavy enough wiring to the front of the boat to handle the almost 5 amp draw of the LS. Newer Phoenix's (2018/19/20) do but most others do not.

Roy
    Thanks for the replies!

As of now this is just a minor inconvenience, will this cause more serious issues if not rerun with 10 gauge wire?

Would this impact the quality of image I get? I ask this because it seems to be working just fine from what I can tell.

5. Member
    I try to remember to put my graph into sleep/standby mode when I pull up the trolling motor. That might be an option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_Bassn_64 View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

As of now this is just a minor inconvenience, will this cause more serious issues if not rerun with 10 gauge wire?

Would this impact the quality of image I get? I ask this because it seems to be working just fine from what I can tell.
    im not a fan of loosing power to computers and having them restart extra times, doesn't seem good to me.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089