Lake Corpus Christi

Hows the bass fishing in the lake? I know nothing about it.....Thinking about dragging my boat down end of march.... Was going to hit Falcon for a day or two...Wifes visting family in Corpus.....i can only do do much of that lol..... any other lakes worth hitting....thank you

Choke Canyon?

3. Airborne Lab Tech
    Choke is on the rebound. Lots of fish in the 2-4lb range with an occasional big un mixed in.
    Airborne!

4. Banned
    Choke is decent, but it’s going to be a mad house in the spring time. It’s a relatively small lake in its current lake level, I know I wouldn’t drag a boat that far just to fish it. Since you’re fishing Falcon too, then I guess I could see it; but Falcon hasn’t been great lately either.

5. Bobby8
    To me Lake Corpus Christi is a shallow mudhole. I would not go. I would go to Choke, not that far from Corpus.

6. Member
    Check the water level at Falcon, it's just about at the level where the state park ramps will be un-useable.

7. Member
    You could fish Coleto Creek. Would be better than Corpus for sure.

I drive past several lakes (closer) just to get to Choke. I fished there for the first time in 8 years, and my first fish was over 9lbs.

One day on Choke is better than two days on Coleto. Choke is still awesome.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

9. Banned
    I worked in Mathias for 10 months, fished corpus everyday after work. I occasionally fished choke canyon and caught great quality fish there. Then went to work in Victoria and stayed in the koa across from coleto creek. If im in that area my favorite lake would me corpus. Maybe because I fished it so much. There are a few offshore spots i found that i absolutely caught plenty and once fish from. If you message me your number i can drop you some pins that maybe you could pick up a few fish.

Just moved to Corpus, so Lake Corpus is on my list. Have fished Choke and Coleto Creek a bunch, and will continue to hit them as well.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYE View Post
    Check the water level at Falcon, it's just about at the level where the state park ramps will be un-useable.
    My site has Corpus Christi water level.

Choke has really good history and I have been hearing its heating up again. Coleto Creek is just a neat little lake, its small but fishes big.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team