Wiring help...changing from 24v to 36v trolling motor

This is on a 2000 R83 VS. I’m not too good with the electrical stuff and would appreciate some help to know what I need to change or add in order to get the wiring right. I am posting two pics to show what I’m talking about. One pic shows the back side of the plug receptacle at the bow of the boat and the other is in the bilge/battery area. I have red, white, orange, and black 6 gauge wires all hooked up to the plug receptacle at the bow. The black and the white wires run directly to the two negative terminals on the two trolling batteries. The red and orange run into on/off switches and then out of the switch and to the positive terminals on each battery. I’m needing to add a third battery for the 36v motor. So how do I go about doing that? Also, I don’t see an inline breaker anywhere, so I’m not sure if there isn’t one or if there is and I just can’t find it. I know I should have a 50A fuse or breaker for this 101lb thrust motor. Again, any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    you will only need the red and black wires up front

It looks like you're replacing a 12/24 set up, so the first thing is to un-hook every thing !! Tape off the ends of the ORANGE and WHITE wires, you won't be using them. Starting with the batteries, each battery will need to be hooked up in SERIES, so, hook battery 1 NEG to battery 2 POS, then battery 2 NEG, to battery 3 POS. You show in the bilge pic that there are 2 breakers (black box with a switch) You'll have to remove them and find out what amp they are rated for. You'll need one rated at 60 Amp. so you may have to get a new one. Those may only be rated at 30 or 40 amps. Next connect the NEG of battery 3 to the BLACK wire in the bilge, and the POS on battery 1 to the red wire to one side of the 60 amp breaker. Ignore the Orange and White wires, you won't need them. Now go to the PLUG at the bow. Remove the Orange and White wires, you won't need them. Tape off the ends and push them back into the plug hole. There should be a "Jumper" (strip of Metal connecting one pin to another) on the plug that also needs to be removed on the female and the male ends. Now you should only have the RED and Black ends on the female plug. Now go back to the bilge and connect the RED wire that goes to the bow to the other side of the breaker. Go back to the bow and Make sure you get 36v +/- reading on the pins using a Volt/Ohm meter. On the MALE part of the plug, connect the RED and BLACK wires from the Trolling motor to the same PIN to match the Female plug in. You should now be set to go !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    Wow, that’s a great explanation. Really appreciate it! Thanks!