Banned

Lowrance hds 8 gen 1 questions

My used boat came with two of these units. It also has the structure scan box. I was out yesterday and the front is dialed in. Video game fishing all day. Theres no interference and can see my bait perfectly.
    Issues, no structure scan and no water temp reading.

Console unit, temp stuck on 32 unless I switch to structure scan and then can get a temp reading.
    While idling around I lose the depth.

Other than that both units work and buttons are all good.
    Ideas?

2. Member
    This thread is a wayback machine for sure. I once owned a couple of 8 Gen 2 and I know they did more than the Gen 1's could do. I think if you join both with an ethernet cable (the yellow cable on the back) you might be able to monitor the rear structure scan on the front unit. Or maybe this can be done through the structure scan box. Not much help, I know.

3. Member
    No temp - typical reason is a transducer without a temp sensor, like the one in a TM, or incorrectly identified transducer in the menu Sonar-installation. Which transducer do you have and is the correct transducer choosen in the Sonar-Installation menu?
    No StructureScan - typical reason is no source for StructureScan. If you rely on the StructureScan-transducer at the back, there should be an ethernetcable going from the front unit to the consol-unit OR the LSS-module. Look for a grey cable with yellow connectors. If the cable is there, and connected correctly, you probably have a faulty ethernetcable. (Just make sure the module is on while checking.)
    Wrong temp - typical reason is a shoot-through transducer with temp mounted in the bilge. So which transducer du uou have and where is it mounted? Look at the silver tag close to the blue connector on the cable from the transducer. (If the tag is missing - ask the previous owner.)
    Loosing depth - typically due to the transducer not beeing mounted or adjusted correctly. Again, which transducer and how is it mounted?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    No temp - typical reason is a transducer without a temp sensor, like the one in a TM, or incorrectly identified transducer in the menu Sonar-installation. Which transducer do you have and is the correct transducer choosen in the Sonar-Installation menu?
    No StructureScan - typical reason is no source for StructureScan. If you rely on the StructureScan-transducer at the back, there should be an ethernetcable going from the front unit to the consol-unit OR the LSS-module. Look for a grey cable with yellow connectors. If the cable is there, and connected correctly, you probably have a faulty ethernetcable. (Just make sure the module is on while checking.)
    Wrong temp - typical reason is a shoot-through transducer with temp mounted in the bilge. So which transducer du uou have and where is it mounted? Look at the silver tag close to the blue connector on the cable from the transducer. (If the tag is missing - ask the previous owner.)
    Loosing depth - typically due to the transducer not beeing mounted or adjusted correctly. Again, which transducer and how is it mounted?
    Thanks I'll look into all this and get back to ya. I haven't had a lowrance unit for a while. The front graph has a puck style but I'm pretty blown away at the image I'm getting.

5. Member
    Steve, I have Lowrance and can get you your temp reading but like TC said, need to know what 2D transducer you have. If you can’t figure it out, give me a call next week and I’ll walk you through it. PM me for my new mobile number.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Steve, I have Lowrance and can get you your temp reading but like TC said, need to know what 2D transducer you have. If you can’t figure it out, give me a call next week and I’ll walk you through it. PM me for my new mobile number.

NoCAL
    Man I forgot about this thread. I got it linked up. I played with the settings while on the water last week and found the link both units section. I get temp ECT now. These graphs are behind in tech but they seem to do a good job! Thanks for the offer!
    Btw when you do your carpet order the carpet from ranger. 327.00 shipped for 27 feet.