Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    If you do go with the extended warranty get the premium care or nuttin at all

2. Member
    If you buy one...make sure its bumper to bumper coverage. Any other plan is front loaded to not cover alot...the best plans are the value. The dealership is NOT who makes the money on these warranties. It is the Issuer. The dealership gets a small %. Only buy your brand...Ford, GM, Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, etc. warranty...do not buy aftermarket plans. Find out how long you have to add a bumper to bumper and get it before its up or if you don't BBC it (pay cash)... roll it in. They do make great vehicles now...but...they are machines and they break...and a bumper to bumper will be stress free driving till 100,000 miles or whatever mile plan you choose. My family has always bought them and they have paid for themselves later on in the vehicles life...depends on how long you keep it.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    That's on the high side, can negotiate. I bought one with the one and only Dodge truck I owned and it saved me from going bankrupt.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

I have never paid more then $1500 for a 100,000 mile 7 year warranty.

The ones that say extended warranties aren’t worth the price have never paid for an engine or transmission. Even a valve job today will drop ya back more than a warranty cost.
    My son paid $500 for an extended warranty on a used 2012 GMC Arcadia with 60k miles. The new engine was $4000. He is extremely happy he bought one.

5. Member
    Only buy the ford esp plan through flood or zeigler. You have a few years to purchase it of you bought new, too. Ive read of plenty of people getting the platinum 7 year/100k for under 2k when zeigler runs a deal. Just watch for it. If you love the truck and plan on holding on to it, its worth it

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    No...never buy extended warranties. You will find on page 1,875, paragraph 4, subsection 5, under cross reference 3a that whatever breaks is not under warranty.
    Most financial experts will warn you against this.
    should read all financial experts advise against, and as you also stated, you are just saving you an argument as they will try to deny most claims.
    Pool 10

7. Member
    Have a friend at Ford dealership, and 2 at Chevrolet shops. All 3 told me to never buy anything but the vehicle.

8. Banned
    Don't worry, Hadji will call you 3 or 4 times a day to help you with your vehicles extended warranty.

9. Member
    Buying an extended warranty is just paying for repairs in advance, I think they are nothing but a rip off, the sales person selling it makes out better than the buyer.

10. Member
    Somewhere Within the Southeastern Conference
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES!!!! All you are doing is losing three grand and putting it in someone else's pocket. The markup to the consumer on these extended warranty plans is out the roof...I thinkmits in the 75% to 85% range. If you are considering doing something like this, just open a money market account and put the $3,000 in it for an emergency fund in the event you ever need it. And if not, you still have three grand in the bank. Extended warranties are just like whole life insurance, a total scam and rip off.

My dealer matched the online prices, I got the Ford Premium for my '14 Flex AWD EB at 63k and I'm covered until 113k. This warranty even covers interior bulbs....I mainly bought it for turbos, PTU, and electronic coverage which all cost a ton to repair/replace.

(606)305-1956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12