1997 P2 Question

I'm looking at a 1997 P2 with a Mercury 200 EFI. Guy's only had it a year. Told me the previous owner replaced the powerhead and lower unit. Boat seems to be in pretty good shape. Gel looks good, no soft spots that I can find in the floor, transom seems sold, carpet is decent, overall a clean boat. The bad would be the bench seats are destroyed, electronics are ancient and the trailer has a good amount of rust. What's your thoughts on value of this rig? Thanks!

5 to 6 k Tops based on info available, power head claim means nothing without verification and lower may have been a junk aftermarket unit.
    Check the corners of the transom for cracks in the glass and inspect the upper transom metal trim piece for wrinkles in two spots as this would be an indicator of the transom is flexing, if so walk away from it
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Weird he's only had it a year, wonder why he wants to sell it? I would also say 5 to 6K

4. Bobby8
    Good advice above. Get the compression checked. Take it on the water and put it through the paces. I had a 97 Pll before my Caracal. I loved it. It was a rocket, was set up well and fished great. Transoms does have wood so look at it closely. Hope it works out for you.