Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I have two Suburbans (there is no substitute) and yes, they are both four wheel drive. I can haul the whole party IN COMFORT or I can lower the seats and haul a sheet of plywood. Inside and dry. On that rare occasion I absolutely have to use a pickup........I borrow a buddies.

2. Member
    I have a 18 Tundra Crewmax, but also have a single cab 4x4 Tacoma that I drive everyday. I love that little truck!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Yes, resale is brutal but maybe it’s because you paid $10-20k less to start with. If you don’t use a truck as a SUV/station wagon then a single cab makes all the sense in the world, better fuel economy too.

You haven’t priced one in a while. They are no cheaper and in fact, sometimes more expensive because they never have rebates on them like the crew cabs will have.

My last regular cab truck was back in 95. Just too nice to have the space of a crew cab.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

5. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Resale will be brutal on it but if that’s what you like then go for it.
    I disagree. I have a regular cab Silverado z71 that I literally get asked once a month if I’d be willing to sell it. I guess it’s simular to having a yellow boat there are people that want that and nothing else

I have a '95 single cab step side. First and only truck i bought brand new. It is still the most fun truck i drive. Too the nay sayers that say it is not a real truck. It has hauled more stuff then allot of the four wheel drive city princesses i see.

7. Member
    Single cab with a short wheel base can be a bear in the snow or wet roads. At least they were decades ago when I drove them. Single cab with a long bed is much better.

I haven't owned a pickup since 2000. Before that I always had one and liked them.

Now I have a frame on SUV and a heavy duty 7 X 10 utility trailer takes place of the pickup bed and haven't looked back.

I still like pickups but I don't think I'll ever own another one at this point.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

9. Member
    I wouldn't worry about resell value. Stupid reason as to why or why not buy something. In any event while I do like a single cab pickup I much prefer the extra space in a crew cab.

10. Member
    I'm 68 and have always owned a single cab 8' bed truck. Used to all be used as a work truck ( I thought that's what they were made for), now just a boat puller. Have no need for multi door. I can't even find a new reg cab truck around here anymore.

I'd rock a SCLB duramax for sure. I do have a CrewCab tho.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

12. Member
    Old goat a buddy bought his at Lara GMC. I think it’s near St Louis?

13. Member
    I have talked to GM a number of time about making the single cab again. Each time I get told there is no call for them. Then I tell them about driving 70 miles and seeing 50 old Rangers, S-10, don't tell me there is no call for them.

I would love to find a nice, 2nd Gen, Regular Cab, Short Bed Tundra, 2wd with the 5.7 in it. I'd install the TRD supercharger kit and have some fun!
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Yes, resale is brutal but maybe it’s because you paid $10-20k less to start with. If you don’t use a truck as a SUV/station wagon then a single cab makes all the sense in the world, better fuel economy too.
    My dad prefers single cab but he found that you had to pay a premium to get a new one up here and then get less in trade or sale so financially you take a beating in this market.

We sell every single cab 1500 we get... won’t be long before your only option will be full 4 doors on everything but a work truck

I like an extended cab but it’s really just a junk collector

17. Member
    Got a '13 Tacoma. Believe it was the last year single cabs were offered. Seems like everywhere I go, somebody wants to buy it.

Can't speak for all places but, they seem to be popular here.

18. Member
    2012 Single cab long bed f350. I do like the looks but admit I woulndnt mind an extended cab for a little extra leg room and storage. Its just me so no need for the big 4 door models.

19. Member
    I think that they have always been the best looking truck! Nowadays a truck gets used as an all purpose vehicle. So you don’t see many on the road. I got by with one just fine until the late 80’s. It was a full load of stuff. Have an extended cab now and it’s full. Full four doors would be crowded with things. And if I had a bus I would just be carrying more. No way I can go back now! Just like cell phones, I did exist just fine without them also. Couldn’t do without them now. See a pattern here?

20. Banned
    I would buy a single cab, but they don't seem to offer them in the upper trim levels. Last three crew cabs have never had a soul in the back seat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast