Will the Garmin force TM 50 fit on a 2017 TXW

I found out the Ultrex quick release bracket will work with the Garmin force TM. My question is... can I mount the bracket & the Garmin TM on a TXW 175. Not a lot of data on the force out there to view... thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. Banned
    Of course it will fit. Will the bracket line up with the existing holes? Maybe.

I inquired with MK a few years ago about mounting an Ultrex in place of the Edge. They told me that the bolt patterns were different and that a bracket would have a different pattern too. The Ultrex arrived and was mounted using the same holes as the Edge. One would think these companies (Garmin/Lowrance) would create a universal mount in order to be an easy replacement for the most common TM's out there. I have heard the Ghost bolts up in place of the Ultrex easily. Haven't seen it in person to verify though.

3. Member
    Hi Jason, I mounted a Garmin trolling motor to my Xpress boat and this is what I recommend. I cannot tell you if the Ultrex bracket will work or not. Years ago I installed a OMC trolling motor directly to the deck on an express boat. The first time I hit the power button on a 90 degree turn at full power I ripped the screws right out of the deck. That trolling motor only had 52 lbs thrust way less
    then the Garmin. Back then I bought some 1/4 inch thick steel and made a backing plate to go underneath the deck of the boat. I did the same thing when I mounted the Garmin. I also put a thin rubber mat between the trolling motor on the top deck and underneath the front deck before I put on the backing plate. The Garmin trolling motor is bolted on top deck and has nuts under the deck and is now built like a tank. Have never had issues with the trolling motor mount or the actual trolling motor. The Garmin is so quiet and has way more power then my old Maxim 80. The Garmin at 60% has more power than my Maxxum at full speed. The first few times I used it I was constantly looking down at the light to see if it was on it is that quiet. With the weed prop on I can get to 4.2 mph gps speed wide open. I have not tried the power prop yet at the lakes in my area are full of weeds. The support struts make it easy enough that my daughter can deploy and lift the trolling motor by herself. She could never do that with my Maxxum. My only complaint is the prop chips and nicks when rocks are hit and you can’t file it down like you can a minn kota prop. Even when the prop is nicked and chipped it does not have the vibration that it is out of balance like the minn kota. Is it as durable for years and years like my minn kota was I don’t know yet time will tell but as of right now I think it’s the best trolling motor I have ever owned.

4. Member
    It will 100% fit. I have also spoken with Garmin directly and the bolt holes are the same, however, it’s recommended you use all the holes on the Garmin as it is significantly more powerful than the Minnkotas