Thread: Lew's reels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lew's reels

Tell me what you think. BE HONEST

2. Banned
    I have a few, I like them. What models are you looking at?

3. Banned
    Best cranking ever made. Period. BB-1pro 5.1:1.

Yeah, Lews offers a ton of different models, and pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    I have a few, I like them. What models are you looking at?

5. Member
    Ive only had one a BB1 Pro it started falling apart after only a couple hours of use and got even worse after that was junk returned it. The Daiwa and Shimano reels I bought at the same time are still in use no issues. Im looking at giving them a second chance eyeballing the Pro-Ti SLP.

Haven’t had a minutes issue out of my Super Duty (2), and a Team Lew’s Lite I picked up last Summer. Smooth, quiet, and trouble free. Casting distance is excellent.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I have 14 of them (2 in 8.3:1, 3 in 7.1:1, 2 in 5.1:1, and 7 in 6.4:1) and all work flawlessly and have for years.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    have a handful of team lews lites and they are Great. great casting distance handles light lures and are smooth. boom!!!
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

9. Member
    Have over 20 Lee's. From the MB on up and have not had any issues with any of them and they get fished a lot

10. Member
    I like Lews. I’m in the minority though where I’ve had drag issues with older MGs and speed spools. I have about half the amount of drag as when it was new. I clean them regularly so they aren’t abused, and I only fish about 20times a year so they don’t see much work anyway. They make a decent reel but I think I prefer Abu more, same reel different cosmetics. Next reel will probably be Daiwa or back to Shimano for me.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    Just my opinion. Lews tournament mb is one of the better reels for $

12. Member
    My third favorite reel company. Solid reels just not my cup of tea.

13. Member
    I have a had a few models over the last 5-6 years that went from $140- to over $200 and I am not a big fan. I ve used mostly curados and chronarchs last 15 years but started usind Daiwa's last year and won't look back. I love thre tatula sv tw.

14. Member
    I have a few of the Pro-g models.. I like them a lot.

15. Member
    I have several, maybe 10 or so (bait-casters). They have all been excellent.
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

16. Member
    I have 40. Use the Tournament Pro or BB1-Pro. BB1 has wider spool and good cranking choice. TP is a great all-around reel. I have many Team Less Tournament Pros which are their high end units. Super easy to clean and change out bearings.

17. Member
    a while back i sold all my fishing gear and since have built my rod and reel arsenal back to 20+ combos of mostly shimano and daiwa reels. The one year i got back into fishing (had time to do so) i bought five powell max 3d rods of the boards and bought five lews lfs reels the 89 dollar one. the reels were new. before this i had higher end rods and reels ect. i fished those five combos pretty much that whole year really hard. I only had five set ups so they got used a lot fishing 3-4 days a week. The lews really surprised me especially for the price not one messed up and stayed very smooth after that year. they would definitely be my first pick if the japan reels were not in the picture i really enjoyed them. palmed great, cast great, easy to dial in, and they seem pretty solid especially for the price!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post
    I have 40. Use the Tournament Pro or BB1-Pro. BB1 has wider spool and good cranking choice. TP is a great all-around reel. I have many Team Less Tournament Pros which are their high end units. Super easy to clean and change out bearings.
    I have thrown some of yours before Bill. LOL

19. Member
    I have a bunch of the Super Duty standard size and several of the Super Duty wide spools. Love them all. My wife likes the BB1 Pro's the best. I have over 30 Lews reels and haven't had a single issue with any of them.

20. Member
    love my older tournament pros and tournament lite but didnt care for the bb1 pro at all. The super duty's were great but prefer my curado e's. After trying the tatula sv this past weekend, I might sell my curado e's. Really liking the tatula sv so far and I have 3 more on the way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast