Eating some CROW...Serve it up Roy!!

Well picked up the new rig and headed straight to the lake today. Got 1 hour of break in done and I have to say.......I am extremely impressed with 2 things. First and foremost, WOW that ProXS jumps and I mean jumps with minimalthrottle effort. We kept it under 4500 RPM with 2 quick burst to full throttle, trimmed down and around 30 seconds each time. I can not wait to get this motor fully broke in, its gonna be fun. Second. The wind was blowing about constant 15 with gust up to 20 so not ideal for a cruise but I'm also impressed with the Tracker HUll design. Minimal spray, mostly from the wind, and a much smoother ride in that chop than the RT was. That deeper V on the front will cut some waves and push it out away from you. I will say fit and finish is not as good as the Ranger but it wasn't extremely terrible either. I do have carpet that is already torn on the bunks I'm gonna need to have redone as wood is showing but I'm taking it back to get a ladder installed for the misses so they can fix it then. First impression overall....Very Happy
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

2. Member
    That boat rides pretty good until you get in the truly rough stuff. Every boat I have been in with the 4 strokes pop right up on plane. The only thing I wish was different when I bought my Tracker was that I wish the carpet was a heavier weight like some of the other brands and that it came with a better transom saver. If you have not replaced your transom saver yet do so unless they have changed what comes with them because the rubber v block will wear out and bolt that secures it can make contact with the lower unit.

I do think that these boats ride better than the more common designs that a lot of other brands use but with the keel design Tracker uses it does come with the fact that it sits bow high at rest.

3. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Congratulations,....

H2E!
    Last edited by King_Fish; 01-26-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Glad you like the new boat. Glad you tried something new and it went well for you. Now you see what some of us have been talking about..... i will agree on the fit and finish Tracker hasnt gotten any better in that dept we were just looking at a couple yesterday. But that boat and motor will serve you well. Merc has their crap together all their new motors are pretty dialed in.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    A friend of mine went from a Lowe to a Tracker Pro Team 195 TXW with a Merc ProXS 150. He's happy with it, runs great. He didn't like the trailer and ended up buying a stronger tandem trailer with brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    A friend of mine went from a Lowe to a Tracker Pro Team 195 TXW with a Merc ProXS 150. He's happy with it, runs great. He didn't like the trailer and ended up buying a stronger tandem trailer with brakes.
    Mine came with brakes but the first launch revealed torn carpeting on the bunks, .
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies