Tatula SV and Braid

Anyone have issues running braid on a Tatula SV? I blew up a reel running 50lb braid one day, it couldn’t be salvaged so I laid it down the rest of the day. Put new line on it that night and the same thing happened again after a few casts the next day. I’ve had no issues fishing fluorocarbon with it...just the two times I tried fishing braid. Any ideas? Or just operator error? Thanks!

2. Member
    I run braid on most of my Tatula sv's with no problem.

Could be operator error, also always use backing when spoiling reels with braid. I learned the hard way when the braid would start to slip. Rule of thumb for me, set the reel heavier than normal, brakes at 8-12 and no spool play. Adjust settings the more confident you are.

4. Member
    I’ll have to give it another try this spring, Thanks!

5. Member
    It's possible you had the line between the spool and line guide over the bar. Needs to be under the bar.

6. Member
    I have never had any issues with using braid on my Tatula sv's.

7. Member
    Backing, backing, backing. Number one issue I see with braid and issues. I've seen guys also use athletic tap on the spool but unless your spool as a fixed notch(some of the old Daiwa's) that you could half hitch off to the braid is going to free spool.

8. Member
    I always run backing on every reel...I guess I’ll have to take the blame on this one. I appreciate the help everyone!

9. Member
    Yep, you can’t run braid on one. After you backlash it just one time it will always backlash. I can take it off your hands ........��