Dale hollow lodging

Never been to the lake...gonna try it within the next month or so. What’s a good place to stay for a weekend trip? Looked at the state lodge but I’m not sure if they have hookups for the boat? Also plan to stay on the KY side since I’m from here.

2. Member
    The state lodge has boat parking and the outlets are on the light poles. Take an extension cord or two.

3. Member
    The lodge is a good location and Greentrout is right on the hookups.

4. Banned
    Never stayed there but ate there a time or two. Nice looking place, sitting on top of where world record smallmouth was caught.

5. Member
    Hookups, an a good view of the lake

6. Member
    The lodge as stated ,good hookups bring a long cord just in case . Good food , clean rooms, nice view of a beautiful lake .

7. Banned
    Lodge at the Kentucky State Park... Dan

https://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/dale-hollow/

8. Member
    Thanks for the help.....I’m also wanting to fish Cumberland.....about the same drive either way for me....should I go with Dale Hollow or Cumberland? Mainly targeting bass....green and brown

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    Thanks for the help.....I’m also wanting to fish Cumberland.....about the same drive either way for me....should I go with Dale Hollow or Cumberland? Mainly targeting bass....green and brown
    If you don’t plan on buying a TN fishing license, then I would suggest going to Cumberland. You’re limited to less than half the lake if you fish Dale with just a KY license.

10. Banned
    Cumberland is a lot tougher but possibly better chance at a giant because of it. Dale is just plain fun, but I would purchase a Tn license if going there.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Check out booking a house through air b and b...https://www.airbnb.com/a/?af=4372003...xoCu7MQAvD_BwE

Most of the time you can book a house cheaper than a motel. You will have far more square footage of space staying in a house versus a motel/hotel room. Plus you get a full kitchen with appliances. Granted you will more than likely be closer to the water if you stay at a lodge but with the popularity of people renting their house like a motel there is typically several options close to the lake or within a short drive. Some homes even have a carport or garage so you have better protection for your boat storage.

I have a coworker who has a fully furnished basement. He use to rent it as an apartment but now he rents it buy the night just like a motel. Read the reviews before booking and see what people have to say. I done a quick search of Lake Cumberland and found a nice house for $55 a night not far from the dam. In my quick search for Dale Hollow I found a cabin that sleeps 8 for $75 a night that was 3 miles from Dale Hollow State Dock. I don't travel often but the next time I do I have no plans of staying in a motel when I can rent a house for about the same price or cheaper if you have multiple people to split the price. The fact you get a lot more more room, plus have better parking and a lot less of a walk to the room/house is a huge bonus for me.

12. Member
    The lodge has three cottages that they have redone that are perfect for a boat trailer.

https://timberpointeresort.com/

If you decide on Cumberland, You are just minutes from Jamestown Marina, and good part of the lake from there to the Dam

14. Member

15. Member
    Cumberland to me much easier to catch fish— but if your timing is right at the big D it’s hella fun

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Cumberland to me much easier to catch fish— but if your timing is right at the big D it’s hella fun
    right timing as in now? Hear it’s a better winter lake. Any truth to this?